• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Honda Rune

C14 Jeff

Tricycle
My first bike (my last bike which I sold in January) was a Honda Rune. It wasn't very practical. I am hoping the C14 will be very practical. What I like most about the Rune was the sense of power. It had 110 ft/lbs of torque at 2500 RPM, so it had the sense of power at slow speeds and low RPM. The most interesting thing about the Rune is that everywhere I went people would drop their jaw and ask with excited tones, "What is it?" I'd like to get another Rune when cash flow becomes strong again. Can you have too many motorcycles? I really enjoyed shopping for another bike and riding quite a few different bikes. I love everyone I rode. Even the Ninja 250. When I first started looking again, I was only going to spent $1500 to $2500, but the Connie is worth spending some bucks on. I spent a little more than half of what I sold the Rune for. I love the handling of the C14. It is so much more bike that the C10. I rode a couple of C10 and liked them. The price was right. I would have made an offer of one of them if the engine wasn't so buzzy at freeway speeds. Guess I am spoiled.

I don't find my C10 to be overly buzzy but I guess it is relative. I have ridden bikes that had my hands asleep in 10 miles. Sometimes it is good to be an old goat that has that kind of perspective I guess.