• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous – April 25-27, 2014

Just Cliff

New Arkansas ride located in Greenbrier, right in the center of the state. Easy access to all of Arkansas’ best roads. For all you dual sport riders, the Ozark National Forrest is only an hour away. So there is something for everyone.

This will be a camping event out in the country. It will be something new for the S/C region, so please come out and help make it a success. There will be plenty of room for tents, trucks, trailers and/or RV’s, whatever your camping style is. Friday night burgers and hotdogs and Saturday night we’ll have BBQ. Water, soft drinks and morning coffee will be provided along with ice and ice chests. There is plenty of dry, inside space for eating & hanging out, if the weather turns ugly.  Porta Potty and shower provided. Of course, there will be a big fire both nights and some nice door prizes.

So come out and see some old friends and make some new ones.

Thursday arrival is okay.

Hey Cliff, I have it on my calendar and I will see if any others from my area will be able to make it. Sounds like we will need to reserve some tables at the Oark cafe one afternoon. Being that you are in a dry county we will also need good directions to the adult beverage store  :beerchug:  See you soon, Bill

Bill,

I hope your calender holds up for you & you are able to make it. Cross your fingers for better weather than it was in Oct. when you were here before.
Please do bring some of your GA. buddy's!

Cliff  :beerchug:

I'd appreciate a little more info, how 'bout an address or venue website? It's possible I've just missed it but the calendar doesn't show anything on this Samsung tablet.

Ranger Jim said:
I'd appreciate a little more info, how 'bout an address or venue website? It's possible I've just missed it but the calendar doesn't show anything on this Samsung tablet.

Jim,
Until the calendar gets straightened out, here are the basic's. Camping in the country at my place in the heart of AR., Fri. night burgers & dogs, Sat. night BBQ. Drinks, morning coffee & door prizes. All for the lowly price of $20.00 bucks (camping included). Think of it as a mini Run with the Wolf in AR. & your buddy Al will be here.
I should need my 100K sticker by then, if you don't mind bringing one!

Almost forgot, there will be fire.

Um. Eddie Minter is the "sticker guru." I'm the former Safety nazi.  ;) Guess your address is in the handbook? ??? I've got it on the calendar, pending SWMBO's input.

Ranger Jim said:
Um. Eddie Minter is the "sticker guru." I'm the former Safety nazi.  ;) Guess your address is in the handbook? ??? I've got it on the calendar, pending SWMBO's input.

My bad, I knew that. I'm easily confused  :-[. Yes, I'm in the book. Hope you can make it, would love to see a nice group of S/E folks here.
Cliff

Al is correct in that the event page for Horseshoe Rendezvous has somehow been wiped out.  At This time I have no idea why, but I am presently out of town and I will not be able to fix it until I return home.  I will re-enter the event and all should be up and running by Tuesday morning (1/28/14)

Sorry for the problem, but I have no idea what happened.

Fred Boothe
SCAD

I can tell you from being there; He has a great country location, with a lot of space for good camping, and you'll really be impressed how well this hillbilly has done. This is as good a venue as you can ask for with a rally of this type. This will be a good one, so don't any of the SE members fear for a second rate rally.  Al

IronButtAl said:
I can tell you from being there; He has a great country location, with a lot of space for good camping, and you'll really be impressed how well this hillbilly has done. This is as good a venue as you can ask for with a rally of this type. This will be a good one, so don't any of the SE members fear for a second rate rally.  Al

Good location, yep. Lots of space, yep. Hillbilly, maybe. Impressed, well I think he has my little cabin on the hill confused with some where else he's been!
Gotta go pick up some cans now so I can save up for new tires.

that is an awesome area for a rally, I spent 2 weeks playing  over there last spring till the late snow ran me out.  I will try to make it if work permits.

Hey Cliff, we had a ride on Saturday (BRRRBQ) into Alabama and Tom and I met a bunch of Coggers who seemed to be interested. It is probably a long way out for some to schedule but I plan on making it so far. If anyone in the Georgia area is interested in going just let me know and we can make tentative plans to ride out together.

O.K. this event gave me the excuse for a new tent (have it narrowed down to two) Jim and Al, when it gets closer to launch time for this, let me know your schedules and maybe we can hook up and ride out together. I am just north of Atlanta.

Bill

Bill, I'll be coming from the west while out on a long one, but I'm thinking there will be a lot of other SE members heading to AR for this one. get the conversation started again in a few week, and you'll find someone to ride with. This is such a great location/venue, this will attract a lot of our SE riders IMO.

Well Al the north is ruling the roost on this little shindig so far. But that's okay they know how to have fun too. Better get you some back buddy  :nananana:.

OK Cliff, I registered and have a spot for Mark also. I will ping Jack McVickers in Hohenwald TN. about this ride because he seemed interested when we talked about it last time.  Is Mark allowed to ride his Road King or will he have to bring the FZ8?  :))

Bill said:
OK Cliff, I registered and have a spot for Mark also. I will ping Jack McVickers in Hohenwald TN. about this ride because he seemed interested when we talked about it last time.  Is Mark allowed to ride his Road King or will he have to bring the FZ8?  :))

He can ride whatever he wants, along as he shows up & has fun. But you have to wait on him!

Hey Al, since you may be a bigger fire bug than me I started gathering a little wood today when I got home. I'll make sure the fire out last your fireball  :campfire:!

Attachments

• wood 003.JPG
    wood 003.JPG
    330.2 KB · Views: 72
Just Cliff said:
Well Al the north is ruling the roost on this little shindig so far. But that's okay they know how to have fun too. Better get you some back buddy  :nananana:.

The North Central bunch "Rules".
We have reserved tent space for y'aLL southern trash in the septic field. Phew !
Looking forward to seeing ya.

Hey Cliff, Al, I went looking on the Southeast "calendar of events" and the rally did not appear ??? I still am wondering if any of the Southeast guys are going to hook up with me for the ride out?

IronButtAl said:
My friend and occasional riding partner Cliff Burnette from Greenbier, AR is hosting this rally, and I can tell you there is some really fine riding in his area. This is right up all of the SE members type of rally, so see if you can join us.
Here's a link to get you to the registration page. Food is included into the registration process.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=198676&mo=4&tDate={d%20%272014-04-20%27}
Just this thread Bill, but it seems like a lot of SE riders are saving some time to do all of the events we have planed for the year and the national rally. Guess this will only appeal to those of us that like to ride a lot and have the time.
Jack, are you there?

Bill said:
Hey Cliff, Al, I went looking on the Southeast "calendar of events" and the rally did not appear ??? I still am wondering if any of the Southeast guys are going to hook up with me for the ride out?

Bill I think there's several still on the fence just waiting till it gets a little closer. You'll get to meet bunch from the north & there all good fun guys too.

sounds like a great time i will do my best to get off work and be there !!!!!!!!! i am so ready for spring if i see any more snow or ICEi may go postal!!!!!!!!!

ltmcvickers said:
sounds like a great time i will do my best to get off work and be there !!!!!!!!! i am so ready for spring if i see any more snow or ICEi may go postal!!!!!!!!!

Jack, if memory serves me right it's just a short 300 miles or so from there to here. That's even taking the back roads from Memphis to here, avoiding the dreaded I-40. Sure hope you can make it!

Ok im in just registered and will be there is AL BUYING THE BOOZE?????If not ill bring some sweet water from the Tennessee hollows here at home!!!!!!!!!

ltmcvickers said:
Ok im in just registered and will be there is AL BUYING THE BOOZE?????If not ill bring some sweet water from the Tennessee hollows here at home!!!!!!!!!

Glad to have you on-board, looking forward to seeing you. That's what Al told me also, so when he gets here we'll go get a pickup load.
Everybody else sitting on the fence thinking about it, go ahead & jump off then get registered.

O.K. Cliff, Just heard from another member in the Atl. area trying to pull this ride off and he will let me know this week. Looks like Jack and I are going to hook up at his place and ride out together on Thursday. MAY THE RAIN GODS BE WITH US!

Sounds good Bill, hope he can make. I've also made a little update in the S/C section, see ya soon.