• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #8 April 20th - 23rd.

Just Cliff

I get asked about doing this event again often, so I know there's some interest in having it again. I never really understood why so many people enjoy camping in my pasture, but y'all do. It has to be the Arkansas roads.

We did skip this year because of a problem with my nearest neighbor allowing her dogs to bark all night which is where most tend to set up camp. There's always a chance it could happen again, but I think it can be controlled. I do have plenty more land that one can set up on, but that just means a long walk to food, shower and nightly fire.

It would be the same as in the past, 4 days with 6 meals, non-acholic beverages, a place to camp included in registration fee. For those unfamiliar with event, you can look back through past threads. Typically, about 45 in attendance from 10 -12 states.

The wife & kids are wanting to do this again, they enjoy as much as y'all do.

Might even consider having t-shirts!

Always a good time. Do you have potential date / time frame?

Yes, April 20 - 23rd or May 4 - 7th. Have to work around Hohenwald for all those that attend both events. It can't be too early so all those that attend from the frozen tundra up north can get out.

Last edited:
Cliff
Camping in your back yard is not what the draw is. Yes it's the roads but mostly the inclusive, non judgemental family feeling that the event is soaked in. I consider HMR as the one can't miss event of the year. I'm in.

I'm hoping for the may date but will be there ether way. The April date just means I have to tell the wife her birthday date is a moving target.

Great news that you're doing it again, but sadly I will have to miss it. My wife has a full shoulder replacement scheduled for 4/24. It's her right shoulder and she's right-handed. It's six weeks immobilized in a sling with no movement. After that, it's 12 to 16 weeks of rehab. We have too many other things scheduled this winter, so she had to put the surgery until April.

I've been promoted to senior medical attendant, chief cook and bottle washer, house/toilet cleaner and doer of all things that I used to get out of doing. I need to buy one of those chauffeur hats as I will be Driving Miss Delaine wherever she needs to go. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to do this. Her pain has been pretty bad for the last couple of years.

Have fun everyone. It's a great time. In fact, it's one of the best fields I've ever slept in. Oh, the roads are great, too.

Yahoo, they talked you into it!
Got to tell ya the truth: We all come for the Arkansas Roads, to see your great wife/family, to visit with old COG friends, and to watch you work.
Whatever weekend you choose will be fine.

As far as camping, we'll bring {and sleep in} the trailer. (as usual)

Ride safe, Ted

Neighbors letting dogs bark all night, I'll be right at home. 🤣

Looking forward to this great event.

And thanks for putting in a the work to host this event. 🏍🏍

I better get an extra set of tires ordered 😁

T-shirts 👍👍

Dale

Last edited:
I'm hoping for the may date but will be there ether way.

At the moment that's where I'm leaning, we can celebrate our anniversary with our COG friends. we could also have a taco night maybe for Cinco de Mayo!

Great news that you're doing it again, but sadly I will have to miss it.

Hate to hear it for Delaina, surely you could postpone it a couple more weeks & give her a road trip before she's out of commission. :unsure:

The earlier date gets both of us as well as Bella, the killer attack Chihuahua but we would have the car with us behind the motorhome. The later date would likely put me there on the bike in a tent.

Either date works just fine.

You do have one of the best fields I've tented or RV parked in.

This will be awesome.

Great news that you're doing it again, but sadly I will have to miss it. My wife has a full shoulder replacement scheduled for 4/24. It's her right shoulder and she's right-handed. It's six weeks immobilized in a sling with no movement. After that, it's 12 to 16 weeks of rehab. We have too many other things scheduled this winter, so she had to put the surgery until April.

I've been promoted to senior medical attendant, chief cook and bottle washer, house/toilet cleaner and doer of all things that I used to get out of doing. I need to buy one of those chauffeur hats as I will be Driving Miss Delaine wherever she needs to go. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to do this. Her pain has been pretty bad for the last couple of years.

Have fun everyone. It's a great time. In fact, it's one of the best fields I've ever slept in. Oh, the roads are great, too.
Total bummer. Wish her well.

Feel the same about Cookie's wife. Wish her well!

If ya do a T-shirt, it's got to have a picture on it of Cliff with his hat.

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks for the kind words, but Delaine needs to get this done. We are already putting the surgery off for four months due to two upcoming weddings and a trip to Florida for the month of March. I need to abide by her wishes and needs. She's put up with my stuff for so long that I need to return the favor. If I did run off to Cliff's for HMR, I might be living in his field permanently.

Have fun everyone. I'll be thinking of you.

Read below.

In place of {My name is Helga}
,,,, Insert "My name is Jimmie".

In place of the words, {I knew we shouldn't have agreed to Invade Europe while Hagar had the Flu}
,,,,Insert; I knew we shouldn't have agreed to "do an "HMR" while "Cliff" was on another ride"

1669914347052.png

Last edited:
Cliff, thanks so much for being willing to do this again. If you pick the early date it would work better for us. We would swing in on our way north from Texas and we will be willing to help with anything you need.
The later date would depend on farming demands and probably would just be me in the tent.
Please pick whatever dates work best for you.

The earlier date gets both of us as well as Bella, the killer attack Chihuahua but we would have the car with us behind the motorhome.

If we go with the April dates & you have the car in tow pack a helmet, I'll loan you bike jacket/gloves.

Cliff, thanks so much for being willing to do this again. If you pick the early date it would work better for us.

It would be nice to have the both of you Jeff, not to mention we would get all three of the Johnston's by going with the April dates.

Cliff, that is a wonderful offer. The early dates would have us swinging by on our way home from goofing off out in AZ, NM, UT. We pretty much never run with a rigid plan, just winging it and generally camping for free on public lands, boondocking as it were.

Thank you.

Last edited:
The forum activity has been a bit slow overall but there does seem to be enough interest in doing this again so I'm making it official, it's on!

April 20th - 23rd are the dates so mark your calendars & plan to be here. These dates seemed to work best for others. If there's anything past attendees can think of to improve on just let me know we aim to please. As usual it will be all inclusive event but we're gonna do our best to keep the cost down & make this a budget friendly event.

We do our best to please everyone & make this a good event!

The forum activity has been a bit slow overall but there does seem to be enough interest in doing this again so I'm making it official, it's on!

April 20th - 23rd are the dates so mark your calendars & plan to be here. These dates seemed to work best for others. If there's anything past attendees can think of to improve on just let me know we aim to please. As usual it will be all inclusive event but we're gonna do our best to keep the cost down & make this a budget friendly event.

We do our best to please everyone & make this a good event!
Thanks Cliff . Unfortunately I will be overseas during those days . Daughter is getting married and Dad must be present !

When do you think it will be up on the calendar for sign up? Unless of course it already is and I missed it. Be nice I have "Drain Bramage".

When do you think it will be up on the calendar for sign up? Unless of course it already is and I missed it. Be nice I have "Drain Bramage".

Hopefully by mid-January Robert. Gotta nail down the menu & get a handle on food prices to figure out registration fee. We do our best not charge any more than necessary to cover cost & nothing more.

Wish i wasnt so far away Cliff. :(

Canada is just right up there a little ways Andy! 😃

Last edited:
T-shirts are in the works! I know there are some that don't have an interest them, but for those that do they will be available. It will be up to you whether or not to purchase one, they will not be part of the registration fee.

Harry will be working on some artwork for us.

T-shirts are in the works! I know there are some that don't have an interest them, but for those that do they will be available. It will be up to you whether or not to purchase one, they will not be part of the registration fee.

Harry will be working on some artwork for us.
Harry should have plenty of time to do the artwork today.
He reported that it's -40* at his house this morning.

Ride safe, Ted

I just finished watching a documentary on mountain climbers who do such foolish things. "Mountain climbers may have to cope with the cold that reaches -40F, a dangerous condition if not prepared." Well poo...I live with that prospect every damn winter. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Registration price has been set & menu has been decided on, we didn't want to go up on price but we had to. Still a bargain though at $55.00 for members. Six meals will be included along with non-acholic drinks, ice, firewood, camping, plastic outhouses & that luxurious outdoor shower. The shop does have a bathroom with a real toilet that is reserved for the women in attendance.

We have plenty of room for trucks trailers & campers if that's your style.

Thursday night - Tacos & refried beans.
Friday night - Burgers & dogs with all the trimmings.
Saturday night - pulled pork, chicken, slaw & a four-bean dish.
Breakfast will be a choice of omelets, burrito's, biscuits & gravy.
Sunday breakfast will have some grab & go for those that have to head out early.

Will get registration open soon.

Last edited:
Yeah, on the calandar....now just to see if the better half wants to tent a few days. Hummmmm.

Fingers crossed as this bumps up to a Texas trip we've got to make but flying for that. Although it's tight on the work schedule, I might can swing some extra time.

Vroom vroom! Oh, and on a 'new' Connie too!
Mike

Sounds like the perfect menu.

Yeah, on the calandar....now just to see if the better half wants to tent a few days. Hummmmm.

Fingers crossed as this bumps up to a Texas trip we've got to make but flying for that. Although it's tight on the work schedule, I might can swing some extra time.

Vroom vroom! Oh, and on a 'new' Connie too!
Mike
Aww ____. There goes the neighborhood. :eek:

(I don't think this has been mentioned):
For those that don't want to camp, there is a Motel that is not far from Cliff's place.
I think it's Hilltop Inns and Suites. (may Now be run by EconoLodge)
We've stayed there on occasion and it's inexpensive/clean/neat.
ie; COG approved.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Sounds like the perfect menu.

I did forget to mention there will be some sort of sweets/deserts every night, cookies, cake or brownies probably. Jimmie is more generous than me & insist on a dessert every night for y'all.

For Wednesday early arrivals we can order pizza as in the past & everyone can pitch in. I've also had an offer from another early planned arrival to host the meal for us, we'll see.

Cool! I can't peel away from work on Thursday (May 2024...counting down the days...), but we will most likely come down anyway on Friday. Hopefully Lisa, the bus, the Bubbadog, and I are still welcome (in that order). :)

Thank you, Cliff & Jimmie, for doing this again!!

Cool! I can't peel away from work on Thursday (May 2024...counting down the days...), but we will most likely come down anyway on Friday. Hopefully Lisa, the bus, the Bubbadog, and I are still welcome (in that order). :)

Thank you, Cliff & Jimmie, for doing this again!!
Awesome. Our entourage will be Margie, Bella the attack killer Chihuahua and myself in the Trek wreck all creation vehicle. We plan on bookending this rally with a few days in Natchez and Eureka Springs.

To Cliff...We will have the bike in tow but thanks.

Last edited:
I keep tellin' y'all.
It ain't a race, a Roll-on is a comparison of modification's.
Andddddd,,, RED modifications are the best.
See ya there..

Ride safe, Ted

We will have registration open soon on this all.

I'm in. Wifey is not. Having "fun" trying to figure that out.

Cliff, can I just pay you her rally fee? She is an associate member so it should be $55. TIA.

If you haven't already tried it, try using a different email for her than yourself. They have to be different. It worked for me once.
That did it. Thank you.

Darling wifey is now registered, officially.

We plan on bookending this little soiree with a few days in Eureka Springs and Natchez. And maybe a few days at Saylesville, AR at the dam(really close to Push Mountain, zoom zoom).

Wifey has a one rally limit so no Hohenwald, at least at this point.

We'll do our best to make sure she enjoys it here so maybe she'll head to another with you.

They'll be quite a few women here for her to socialize with while you head off to Gravity Brew works with one of the Growlers in the shop. 😁

We aim to please!
We did the RWTW and Spider back to back last year, not her thing, though she enjoyed both.

Now how did you know that I was gonna be grabbing a growler out of the growler bank and head up to Gravity? They do yummy things up there. I may have to make more than one trip or double up on the growlers.

We did the RWTW and Spider back to back last year, not her thing, though she enjoyed both.

Now how did you know that I was gonna be grabbing a growler out of the growler bank and head up to Gravity? They do yummy things up there. I may have to make more than one trip or double up on the growlers.
So there's our ride plan, eh? Works for me 🍺

For those that are interested t-shirts should be ready to order soon. Artwork is done & Jason is in the process of getting his store set up for ordering.

I think the art turned out pretty good, print will be single color & you chose the color shirt you want. There will be short & long sleeve available.

I'm not seeing anything but a couple of plain shirts with small logos. When I press all products nothing happens.

I'm not seeing anything but a couple of plain shirts with small logos. When I press all products nothing happens.
Steve, when you click on the link, you will see two shirts, long sleeve and short sleeve, click on the shirt. Each shirt has two colors to choose from and various mens sizes.

Mine is ordered.
Needless to say, I think everyone should order the Red.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Cliff, please don't say anything nice about Harry. {Makes his head swell up}.

Last edited:
T shirts ordered. One the color I like and one the uhg TED color. Very cool sign there Cliff. What is the charge to take pictures of my bikes next to the sign? Whatever the charge is Ted will pay for mine. Looking forward to it for sure.

Too bad they don't make them shirts large enough to fit over Ted's head.
He will need to cut the shirt open and then tape it back together over his body.

He's tried that before & it didn't work out well. The tape comes lose & gets stuck in his mustache! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Now he's working on a button up t-shirt design. He'll brand it Swelled Head Collection by Ted. Coming to a Dollar General near you soon.

Meanwhile he just ties them around his head to use for bandanas!

Last edited:
He's tried that before & it didn't work out well. The tape comes lose & gets stuck in his mustache! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Now he's working on a button up t-shirt design. He'll brand it Swelled Head Collection by Ted. Coming to a Dollar General near you soon.

Meanwhile he just ties them around his head to use for bandanas!
I use em' ta kep my hed wrm.

Ride safe, Ted

I did forget to mention there will be some sort of sweets/deserts every night, cookies, cake or brownies probably. Jimmie is more generous than me & insist on a dessert every night for y'all.

For Wednesday early arrivals we can order pizza as in the past & everyone can pitch in. I've also had an offer from another early planned arrival to host the meal for us, we'll see.
The Kerkow's will provide a Spaghetti supper Wednesday evening for the early arrivals.

Give a big thanks to Jeff & Joanne for their gracious offer to provide dinner Wednesday night. 😊

While on the subject of early arrivals remember you're on your own for breakfast Thursday morning, we'll have coffee only Thursday. Breakfast is served Fri., Sat., & Sun. Everything will be here to use if you want to fix yourself something.

"And" there is an added benefit.
While his wife's pushing the grocery cart, she can tell you what to buy.

Ride safe, Ted

Kurt, you missed something "Important".

Cliff sed; I'll even get you ""someone"" to push the grocery cart for you.
I sed; While ""his"" wife's pushing the grocery cart, ""she"" can tell you what to buy.

ie; I suspected that Cliff was talking about Jimmie pushing the cart. I figured she would know what she wanted bought.
Andddddddd I highly recommend that you don't kick Jimmie out of the truck etc etc... o_O

I talked to Jim last night about our trip to the event.
If things go as planned, we'll be arriving Wednesday evening.
Can bring groceries... ("Jimmie", what do you want us to bring)?

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Kurt, you missed something "Important".

Cliff sed; I'll even get you ""someone"" to push the grocery cart for you.
I sed; While ""his"" wife's pushing the grocery cart, ""she"" can tell you what to buy.

I suspected that Cliff was talking about Jimmie pushing the car. I figured she would know what she wanted bought.

You both missed something. When I said someone, the first person that came to mind was you Ted! :D You could even be his bag boy. :ROFLMAO:

If things go as planned, we'll be arriving Wednesday evening.
Can bring groceries... ("Jimmie", what do you want us to bring)?

Ride safe, Ted

Don't think we'll need anything.

When registering your wife, do you register her as an associate member or a non member?

If she's a paid member with associate COG # then register as such, if not she's a non member. Associates will have their own email & password so they register completely separate.