• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hot weather gloves

oldsawfiler

Crotch Rocket
Yesterday I bought a new pair of Field-sheer "Tech.skin" gloves. I was looking for a good pair of summer gloves as my Icons were worn out. Haven't got many miles on them yet, but they are cool as in cold. They do have some knuckle armor, a pad at the heal of the hand and some grippy stuff at the base of the fingers and on the finger tips. But boy do they let the air in. Anybody looking for some hot riding gloves these are the ones. $39 at the local stealer's. And they run a little small. I can barely get my hands in them. They are 3X the same as what I usually wear. The fingers are a little long for my short wide hands, but not too bad. COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

Good to know, I've been using the Olympia gel gloves, the 750 Ventor for about 2 seasons and I'm happy with them also. The extra gel in the palm is good for killing the vibs and they are padded and armored on the top and fingers. They are good down to about 45 deg or so then its the cold weather gloves for me. I'm going to start looking for some heated gloves soon, these old hands get cold fast and they hurt given the abuse they have taken as a mechanic for 29 years.

I think I heard someone else give them a positive review. I've been using the First Gear mesh tech gloves. I don't think I could be persuaded to switch from them though. They are just that good. So unfortunately I won't try anything else. :) Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg

I bought a pair of the mesh teck gloves last year, but the largest size they make is 2X and they were just too small. Traded them to a Friend for the Icons which were 2X also but fit better. I did like the Mesh tecks but they hurt my hands. (arthritis you know) COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife