• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hotwired Jacket Liner

2andblue

COG Executive Director
My wife dislikes wearing layers of clothing and would like to wear lightest clothing possible year round.

Fitting under her Tourmaster Series 4 jacket we picked up the Hotwired Jacket Liner, she’s only sat tried it on in the garage but smiled broadly when heat shot through the jacket!

Liner comes with a controller built in and basic wiring to connect to electrical system.

This is our first dabble in heated gear - will be bringing all normal cold weather gear with us in case failure(s) but I think from initial impression this will be an improvement in comfort for my wife.

49*F on way home tonight after about 400 miles daytime riding around - wife reports liner worked well.

This gear has a built-in color backlit controller for all zones (arms, neck, back, chest all controlled the same - no individual zone setting capability) with settings low (lit green), medium (lit yellow) high ‘barbecue’ (lit red).

Modulating between Low to Medium my wife kept a comfortable warm. Liner heats up nearly instantly - amazing how fast!

Only complaints (mostly minor):
  1. Back and neck a little warmer than arms and chest
  2. Controller (built in flap bottom left of liner) is difficult to see with full face helmet on.
Note: High setting at 49*F on the highway is only sustainable for a few minutes otherwise you start cooking 🥵.

She isnt wearing it directly against her skin is she. One normally wears something light weight between the heated unit and skin...

Thank You for the question Konehead.

No she is wearing a thin synthetic base layer.

Should be getting out for a few days of riding in the 30’s - 50’s. Hopefully the first impression continues - nothing like old man winter trying to hang on....

I love my hotwired liners. I have all 4 (jacket, gloves, pants and boots) although I have only ever needed the jacket and glove liners for my commute to work. I've rode to work in 10F without any issues. Controller is a bit hard to see with a full face but not impossible. Just pull and stretch a bit. If the neck and such are a little too warm either turn it down or unzip an inch or two for some air flow. Overall they work great for me. I can wear my regular gear and still be nice and toasty.

Hotwired Liner worked very well for our most recent trip to West Virginia mountains.

Plenty of extra heat to go-around. Wife stayed super toasty only placing the liner on high when first putting on and needing to take the chill out, after that it was modulating between low - medium or off.

Temperatures were in mid 30’s at times.

Update on the Heated Liner(s). This weekend we purchased the heated pants for my pillion (wife) to add to her heated jacket liner. Also I broke down and purchased the heated jacket liner and heated pants as well - my wife doesn't like to buy things unless I get something too. :cool: (y)

Group: I spent a couple decades living in MN and grew accustom to layering for activities (hunting, fishing, hiking, motorcycling) and apart from using some cheaper battery heated gear or single use chemical bags I had not experienced high quality motorcycle heated gear. Now having experienced the instant comfort and shedding of all the layers (trust me they are packed along in case something goes awry) I am blown away at the transformation this has made.

Also my personal overview of the Hot Wired heated liners - They're solid pieces of riding gear with a simple High, Medium, Low setting. There are others (Gerbing for example) that have options for multiple zone heating control within the same garment - this may be a great benefit to some but from what I experienced this weekend I am happy as a bug in a warm, snug rug.

Couple the heated gear with the C-14's roaster of heated grips - unless there's snow I think we are ready to roll.

I have the jacket and glove liners. They work great but I ended up getting a Fieldsheer Thermo suit so as to avoid wires. I can wear a t-shirt and jeans and be sweating at 50f

Overkill for the Connie but handy for naked bikes.

Been using Gerbings liner & gloves for many years. A terrific gear investment for added colder weather comfort and to extend the riding season. My only suggestion is to wear a layer between the liner and skin to help even out the heat and prevent hot spots on the skin.
It was 32 degrees when I headed out yesterday morning to meet up for a ride with a couple friends. As the temperature rose throughout the morning, the temp on the liner and gloves was turned down. After lunch it was turned off.

I think my jacket liner is an older your master. Bought it used on the other Concours forum. It works for me down to low thirties. Thermals under riding pants and warm socks take care of the rest. Those thin thingies (tube shaped) that cover your neck , face and top of head really be add a lot of comfort. Handguards as well.