• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How do you put a stereo on a C14?

c14blair

Training Wheels
I have an '08, and am wondering if there is something small enough to put in my gas tank glove box. I am looking for a tuner with some sort of aux input for my iPhone. Where do you mount the antenna? Not interested in external speakers. I'm going to start looking for a new helmet w/some sort of blue tooth wireless set up, with speakers built in.

Whatcha got?

I just got a mount and some RAM mounts and am using it for my iPhone.  With the iPhone, you could use several music apps (Pandora, Sirius, or if you prefer radio iHeart radio).  I'm using helmet speakers made by UClear.  I've put about 500 miles on with the speakers and have only good things to say about them.  I ordered mine from Amazon.  Advantage to just using the iphone is you can easily remove/install it and works via bluetooth with the helmet speakers.  I just use my cigarette plug to charge the phone while riding.  I also use Tomtom's gps app for the iphone which fades the music so I can hear the spoken turn by turn instructions.  I'm real happy with this setup.

IMG_1078.jpg

Bob Field, one of the past members did this on his "Candy Diamond Red 2009 Concours14 ABS", (as he would always say).  :)

He cut venting holes in the glove box top sides and mounted an amplifier. It vented well and kept water out. Quite a nice job. He had a XM satellite radio (I think it was waterproof?) between the bars. And he had external marine speaker pods mounted on the side filler panels up near the dash. It was a slick set up and seemed to work well. He has since sold the bike IIRC, to a person in Nova Scotia.

C14 blair said:
I have an '08, and am wondering if there is something small enough to put in my gas tank glove box. I am looking for a tuner with some sort of aux input for my iPhone. Where do you mount the antenna? Not interested in external speakers. I'm going to start looking for a new helmet w/some sort of blue tooth wireless set up, with speakers built in.

I am using a Sena SMH10 unit with my Droid X2. More volume than I need and the Sena will pair up with about anything Bluetooth compatible.

John