• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How The West Was Won 2014 Colorado Endurance Rally

JustinP

Big Wheel
Hello folks, just sharing the 2014 Colorado Rally, "How The West Was Won", announcement with the COG community. I hope I posted this in the right place :)

US-550-51.jpg

The How The West Was Won Rally will run from Friday the 25th of July to Sunday the 27th of July, 2014. The rally is 32 hours in duration and features some of the best riding in the country, coupled with some of the most unique and interesting locations to be found in the colorful state of Colorado. This is a street bike endurance/iron butt type event. 

For more information and to register for the event, please visit http://corally2014.ledrider.com/

The rally will be run out of Georgetown, CO, at the Georgetown mountain Inn.

Spaces are limited to 45 riders/2-up couples, and we're already half  full. If you've been wanting to try an endurance type rally, or you're a seasoned LD rider, this is one event you won't want to miss - so don't delay, and sign up soon! Any questions? Post em' here :)

Wow..So if I get this correctly, the objectives are announced just prior to departure and the riders plan their routes to obtain the most points before the end of event?

This looks like alot of fun. Wish I could roll this and the nationals into one run

Rasmith said:
Wow..So if I get this correctly, the objectives are announced just prior to departure and the riders plan their routes to obtain the most points before the end of event?

This looks like alot of fun. Wish I could roll this and the nationals into one run

For this rally, the rally packs will be sent out in digital format a week in advance. Some rallies give out the rally packs when you get there. And yes, the riders plan their routes from the bonuses listed in the rally pack to get the desired amount of points.

Had to look it up... We were there 20 years ago, or somewhere just like it (though my memory isn't as good as it used to be)  I think it's on 550 (Million Dollar Hwy) just north of Littleton, CO.  That's the route we took then anyhow...  Wasn't very exciting that time - we were driving a 5 ton straight truck.

Looking at the area in Google maps... Wow - I gotta get out there to ride sometime.  Those roads look awesome...

Jamie

Thanks guys! The fiance and I are leaving for the Grand Canyon on the 18th, and coming back through Colorado for two weeks.  I wanted to know so I can go see it in person!

Andrew said:
Thanks guys! The fiance and I are leaving for the Grand Canyon on the 18th, and coming back through Colorado for two weeks.  I wanted to know so I can go see it in person!
Hey Andrew, Ya know we have a regional rally in Prescott AZ May 30,31, June 1 if'n ya wanta.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Andrew said:
Hey Andrew, Ya know we have a regional rally in Prescott AZ May 30,31, June 1 if'n ya wanta.

That sounds like it would be a blast, but we are going to be back in Sioux Falls on the 1st.  So unfortunately, we will be starting to head home on the 30th or so.

Andrew said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Andrew said:

That sounds like it would be a blast, but we are going to be back in Sioux Falls on the 1st.  So unfortunately, we will be starting to head home on the 30th or so.
If it ends up being or so and your close please feel free to stop by. Have a great trip!  :motonoises: :beerchug: