• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How to bypass Evap canister?

Yasser22

Big Wheel
I'm following up on a thread on concours.org I had regarding my 2000 California model. Upon suggestions that my problems are caused by by evap canister having been filled with gas, I am looking for instructions on how to hook up my hoses to test. Any help would be great, thanks!

Disconnect and plug the vacuum line that goes to the vapor recovery pump. Then disconnect the the vent line that goes to the charcoal can from the back of the tank. This will take the charcoal can out of the loop.

Nah, finish the job and remove all that stuff. Remove the vacuum line from #3 carb and cap the port (the one you already pulled off). Remove the line on the left hand port at the back of the tank (red) and cap the port. Leave the blue vent line hanging down with the other hoses. Now put all the stuff in a box and bury it somewhere in your garage. Oh, you can leave the big hole in the airbox open.