• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

how to lower my concours 1000 1998 mod

joe

Big Wheel
just bought a 98 concours ,love riding, but cont keep it up at the stop light. Please guide me on lowering the bike. I have already cut the seat down. thanks for your input. JOE

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/mboards/viewmessages.cfm?clubID=1328&Forum=1406&Topic=16243&keywords=lower%20bike CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

My new 1998 coni 7,000mi has a problem with the thorall(gas) sticks open,sometimes when it should idle down. I am thanking its a machanical problem with the linkage. Do you have any advice for me ?? joe in okla.

Joe, I would start a new topic for this issue. Is the engine speed real high or just above regular idle? Does the throttle spring back when you release the grip or do you have to turn it back to off? Sounds like a sticking throttle cable but I need more info.

I usually pull the grip end apart and pull the cable by hand. You can tell if it is binding in the cable or carb end that way. If it is not then look close at the grip and if it is rubbing on the bar end weight or the grip housing. While apart clean and lube and you should know whats what by then. Clean under the grip slider tube and lube that also. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br