• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Howdy!

fogcutter

Howdy all,

I'm new to the club and just took delivery of my new-in-the-crate 2011 Silver Concours on Friday.  I only managed to put 70 miles on it over the weekend before the weather turned so I haven't even got all the sheen off of the tires yet. ;)  The bike rides like a dream and even though I researched my purchase diligently I was amazed about how much better it is than I thought it would be. I moved to Northern Virginia from Texas about 7 years ago and since that time I've been mentally mapping out my "motorcycle roads" as I come by them.  I can't wait until I get those 600 miles under my belt so I can really open her up.

I'm really happy to have found this club and these boards and I'm looking forward to sharing stories and rides with you all.

Cheers,

Fogcutter

Welcome Fogcutter,
I moved from Md. to Texas.  There are more great roads up there for sure.  We had a fare winter though if you like to ride all the time.  Enjoy the new scoot and welcome aboard. 

Another Texas boy here sayin' welcome.  I hope you like this club as much as I know you're gonna like that bike.  You're in a good area as I understand it.  So have fun and be safe.

Another Texan here... Welcome to the COGdom!!!

In my younger days I usta drink "a drink" called a Georgia "Fogcutter".
Is that where you got yer Name?

If not, ya aughta give it a try...
I guarantee it will make a man outa ya......(Or kill ya)

Root beer and Everclear... yahoo!!    ( i.e.  "Georgia Fogcutter")    >:D  

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Another Texan here... Welcome to the COGdom!!!

In my younger days I usta drink "a drink" called a Georgia "Fogcutter".
Is that where you got yer Name?

If not, ya aughta give it a try...
I guarantee it will make a man outa ya......(Or kill ya)

Root beer and Everclear... yahoo!!    ( i.e.  "Georgia Fogcutter")    >:D  

Ride safe, Ted

Well...the recipe was a little different but...  :D

The name comes from a very interesting night involving  many of those drinks, an 82' Charcoal Berlinetta and very late night coming home from New Orleans across the causeway.  8)

Cap'n Bob said:
Welcome  Fogcutter. I like the new color! I hope it gives you many great rides!

Thanks Cap'n Bob! I love the color myself and I've spent more than just a few minutes just staring at the bike.  :)