• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

hydration packs

biged

Moped
Want to find a magnetic tank bag with a hydration bag inside it or modify my tankbagforone to fit. Any suggestions or opinions

I've considered it.
You can get an excellent bladder, hose and bite valve
at Walmart for about $20.
And while not necessary, you can wrap the bladder
in some closed cell foam sheeting for insulation.

Cortech has a bag that will easily fit in a bladder and has some pre-made exit holes for the tubing already there. I think it was a "super II"  18L bag.  I have one but haven't seen it since I got my Wolfman bags for both bikes.
Matt

My tank bag has a round rubber grommet built into it for wires. It would fit the hydration hose just right.  I got it from tmshelmet on E-bay for @24.95  It is not bad and folds out 3" larger on the bottom. Magnets stick great on the C-10 tank even with my OEM tank bra.

Attachments

• tank bag.jpg
    tank bag.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 366
I also use a Wally world bladder, good stuff. In the heat while touring, I generally wrap it with my jacket liner. It helps to multi purpose as much as you can while traveling. :great:

Fill with ice then add water, stays cold/cool all day in the heat.

SteveJ. said:
I also use a Wally world bladder, good stuff. In the heat while touring, I generally wrap it with my jacket liner. It helps to multi purpose as much as you can while traveling. :great:

I have the Walmart (Outdoor Products brand) bladder / backpack that I picked up a couple of years ago.  I'm amazed how long the water & ice stay cold in it when I'm out riding.  On day rides, i fill it with ice & water in the morning and then maybe need to add some more ice sometime in the afternoon.

Worst part is that first mouthful of warm water from the tube when you haven't had a drink in a while. 

I use this one in my Cortech tank bag with the hose threaded out through the rear port:

http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Antidote-Accessory-Reservoir-90854/dp/B0097BAQF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441161673&sr=8-1&keywords=hydration+bladder+short+100

Load it with ice and water in the morning and still cool late into the day. 100 ounces work quite well on several LONG summer days out West, and the short length fits snug in the bag.

Just bought this to contain the bladder and reduce sweating:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011EZAHGQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

if you get a large tank bag, and you put a bladder in it, i would get some of those freezer i pack sheet thingys. to keep it cool from your tank and the sun beaming down on it. they also make fanny pack hydration kits, i imagine that would work well.

Outback Jon said:
SteveJ. said:

I have the Walmart (Outdoor Products brand) bladder / backpack that I picked up a couple of years ago.  I'm amazed how long the water & ice stay cold in it when I'm out riding.  On day rides, i fill it with ice & water in the morning and then maybe need to add some more ice sometime in the afternoon.

Worst part is that first mouthful of warm water from the tube when you haven't had a drink in a while.
Try blowing the line clear, back into the bag once you've quenched your thirst.

I have the Cortech 2.0 18L bag with a MSR brand vinyl coated bladder too. Not really cheat at $125 or so, but it's holding up well so far. The MSR bladder bag is fabric covered and that makes it tough. Fill with ice, run the hose out the bag hole. I used the MSR bladder for backpacking and it is tough, too. but neither is it cheap. You get what you pay for.

I had the 12 L Cortech bag and it was too small for all that I wanted to bring l plus the water bladder.

The Cortech 18L has hidden shoulder straps and converts to a backpack when you stop and want to walk or go in a restaurant. Also comes with a built in rain cover. I like it!

ron203 said:
I have the Cortech 2.0 18L bag with a MSR brand vinyl coated bladder too. Not really cheat at $125 or so, but it's holding up well so far. The MSR bladder bag is fabric covered and that makes it tough. Fill with ice, run the hose out the bag hole. I used the MSR bladder for backpacking and it is tough, too. but neither is it cheap. You get what you pay for.

I had the 12 L Cortech bag and it was too small for all that I wanted to bring l plus the water bladder.

The Cortech 18L has hidden shoulder straps and converts to a backpack when you stop and want to walk or go in a restaurant. Also comes with a built in rain cover. I like it!

The same with the $24.95 one. How much did the Cortech cost?
ron203 is cool  :great: :great: :great:

About $125 and it has a lot of hidden features. It also has a clear map pocket that is removable, a visor sleeve that you can haul a spare visor shield in; a key ring retainer; different organizer loops and pockets inside the bag; rubber coated bottom to resist skidding around on the tank, magnets, a tank strap to supplement the magnets; .  I'm an organizer gadget type who likes lots of places to stash things. It also expands upward with an outside zipper. What sold me on it was the stiff walls that make it hold it's shape. I had a similar one for about $25 that looked okay until it was empty then it collapsed into a heap.

But if you like yours, you did well and have an extra $100 for beer!    ;D

Thanks ron203.
                        I just usually keep the purchases below $25.00. I can get about 8 or 9 of them without raising a flag on the bank statement with the wife. Unless of course it has to do with motorcycle safety gear. Tires etc. the sky is the limit. I told her I could get two tires for about $150.00 bucks and she said, get the best, I want you around. So I ended up with $200.00 a piece tires ;D

ACISROC said:
Thanks ron203.
                        I just usually keep the purchases below $25.00. I can get about 8 or 9 of them without raising a flag on the bank statement with the wife. Unless of course it has to do with motorcycle safety gear. Tires etc. the sky is the limit. I told her I could get two tires for about $150.00 bucks and she said, get the best, I want you around. So I ended up with $200.00 a piece tires ;D

My wife's that way,  too. We're lucky guys. :great:

ACISROC said:
                        I just usually keep the purchases below $25.00. I can get about 8 or 9 of them without raising a flag on the bank statement with the wife.
Aftermarket motorcycle parts dealers take note:  Married guys could really benefit from layaway plans!  ;D

I picked up a tank bag off eBay and a couple of bladders on clearance fro motorcycle superstore. Used it over the labor day weekend temp in the mid 90's worked out nice just need to pick up a bite valve

Hydration systems make more sense to me than the old way of stopping...taking gear off...drinking a 16 oz can of something...going to the bathroom...putting gear back on...and riding a half an hour before having to stop for another bathroom break...now, I just take a couple of swallows as needed while I'm riding...and can time my stops better...seems like I can ride more miles this way...

CRocker said:
seems like I can ride more miles this way...
Being hydrated has absolutely made me able to ride more miles, more comfortably.  Less aches and pains.  Less need for a HUGE drink when I stop. 

I've had a Platypus hydration bag for are nd 15 years or so. Bought it as a cheaper alternative to a Camelback, and I have been pleased with it. Used it for backpacking, camping, and while riding. Steve's right, blow the line clear to keep the water from getting hot, and I tuck it back into the tankbag until our next drink- yes, hose is long enough to reach the pillion.
Under $20 sometimes.
Jorge

I use this $9.99 bladder from Walmart in a cheap $19.99 magnetic tank bag (that's no longer available).

Tank Bag (Available here)

Walmart Bladder

Works great.

I own a couple very nice camelbacks, but didn't want to sacrifice one for the bike.

Attachments

• Walmart Bladder.jpg
    Walmart Bladder.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 85