• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I ALLLMOST joined

So close.  It's a good thing I CrossFit 4-5 times a week or it would have happened.  I was turning around on my slopped drive way with the Suburban parked on 1/2.  I didn't have the turning radius I thought I had and almost hit the side of the Suburban.  So, I do the only thing I can do... Grab the front brake (while in a sharp turn heading slightly downhill).  Needless to say, all those deadlifts came in handy because I was able to pull her up before she hit the ground.  I'd be lying if I told you my back wasn't sore though.  All I can say is I'm glad I didn't join  :) :beerchug: :great:

Its not IF but WHEN. And when it does finally happen, we will welcome you with open arms and laughter.

Glad those legs were up to the task!  Poor Connie gets a lot heaver as she leans further over, so if you catch it early enough, it IS possible to do without doing serious damage to yourself.  Speaking of serious damage, do you have the tipover bars installed on your C10?  As MrPepsi said, it's not if but when Connie falls over.  You should consider installing a set.  Nothing keeps bad things from happening quite as well as being prepared to deal with them in the first place.

And so I'm happy to announce that you do NOT qualify for the uncoveted CDA Award this time.  Don't worry though, most of us will encounter a Drop sooner or later.

MrPepsi said:
Its not IF but WHEN. And when it does finally happen, we will welcome you with open arms and laughter.

I'm taking the wife out tomorrow for our first two up on my behemoth. I'm 5'6" so that aint helping any!  I've been close a few times on my own already. It's inevitable, hope I don't hurt us.  :D

Seriously though, I have a Russell Day Long and swapped it out for a stocker tomorrow for my first two up, as it allows me to half foot it instead of tippy-toes!  :great:

Ianz5150 said:
Seriously though, I have a Russell Day Long and swapped it out for a stocker tomorrow for my first two up, as it allows me to half foot it instead of tippy-toes!  :great:

I'll buy it off ya. :)

MrPepsi said:
Ianz5150 said:

I'll buy it off ya. :)

I'm going to try the Russell seat  2-up next time. I want to see what my wife thinks with the larger seating area, and I'm gaining some false confidence!  ;D