• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I finally borke down and did it

JohnC

Street Cruiser
Let's see now, 5-6 years ago, that is about it when I did a major rework of my connie, Red Dawn, replaced the cam chain, the guides, and the tensioner. Well today I finally adjusted the cam chain and boy did that make a difference. Now it does not sound like a Singer sewing machine on its last leg. I know some are jumping up and down that I neglected to do that for so long. But it is like this, after 50k there isn't a lot that changes with the engine if you do regular oil changes. Concours, the Timex of motorcycles. tcars John

Now if you replace the rods and pistons with the ZX10B/ZRX11 combo it will be super smooth too ;p Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

Colin: What is your displacement now? Can you tell that much of a difference. Now as for me doing that, still need to finish the 1040 engine. Now my connie may fall apart after today, I washed it, also changed the oil and filter. It is definitely a queter engine with that new oil. Gotta find another front tire now, almost down to threads. But there will be no more 880's. tcars John

The ZX10B/ZRX11 combo make a nice difference. Not super human or anything. But combined with the 7th gear mod, etc it was really nice. Easily pull a stock Connie in side by side roll ons.