• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Icon SuperDuty Boots

croach1776

Tonto
Found some on Ebay - slightly used in Hawaii. Size 11. I wear a 9.5 to 10 in normal shoes so hey I can always get thicker socks. Very Cheap - $27 bucks free shipping. Got them Monday. Extremely good shape, very little wear - no rips or tears an soles and heels great shape. Washed laces and cleaned leather and inside of boots with all manner of products. Weather finally co-operated and rode to work today - first impressions - good buy - no I dont have to cringe when I shift and the black and blue mark on left foot should finally go away. At stops - able to plant feet and no slippage whats so ever, and would you believe it with extra thickness of soles and heel my whole foot almost touches - no problems with toe clearing shifter (took off knee savers last month to experiment), with all cushioning very comfortable and with wicking socks very cool. Definitely make difference in braking and shifting - more positive feel thought not as sensitive but should be able to adjust. Anyone else use Icon Boots. C K Roach Jr COG#9094 CDA# 0319 you cant lose what you never had 2005 Concour "Gold Rush" 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Project 1983 Suzuki GL850 - Sold 1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold

I have been using the Icon SuperDuty boots for over a year now, and I like them better today than I did when I bought them. It took quite a few miles riding and walking to get them broken in... Great soles, good feel and fit, not so much on the waterproof (they weren't meant to be). I wear these all the time in the warm weather if it doesn't matter if I get wet. All in all, I really like the boots, maybe even better than my Oxtars. Those are waterproof, good for foul weather riding, but lack a little in comfort and 'feel'.

Due to rain and family commitments havent had much time in them. I think first thing I will do is get better liners for sole and maybe some reflective laces - but havent found them in right lenghts. C K Roach Jr COG#9094 CDA# 0319 you cant lose what you never had 2005 Concour "Gold Rush" 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Project 1983 Suzuki GL850 - Sold 1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold