• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Idle adjustment?

davidnixon

Can the idle be adjusted on the C 14?  My old carbureted conc had a mixture screw......not sure about the fuel injected. 

dave said:
Can the idle be adjusted on the C 14?  My old carbureted conc had a mixture screw......not sure about the fuel injected.

Yes.

On the newer 2010/2011, look down around the shifter area.  You should find what looks like a screw head that looks like it is stuck in the end of a rubber hose, just laying against the rubber heat seal.  Hold the 'hose' part and rotate the screw to adjust the idle.

On the 2008/2009, it's in the same area, but a little higher up, about shin height to knee height, if sitting in the riding position with your foot on the peg.  I'm not sure if it's hiding behind the plastics though on the older ones.