• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I'm Back

Pardoep

Big Wheel
Hi Guys
Had a 2001 Connie, brand new. Rode it for about 5 years, great bike. Had a "Mid-Life Issue" bought an M109r Suzuki. Rode that for about 5 more years. Now I'm Back. Found a great used 2001 Connie. Great bike great deal. Now here is my question. It seems as though no one has the passenger backrest and support bracket. I need these items in order to take my grandson on rides. Can anybody help in this matter???? I would be more then happy to buy the one your not using....
Paul D. Pardoe AKA "Blue Lion"

Welcome back Paul. I would keep an eye on the emporium. I see the C10 back rests pop up now and then. Actually I sold mine a while back that way! Anyway, welcome back to the Concours guys and maybe the Concours Owners Group!  :)

Welcome back Paul,
The OEM backrest is not much safety or support depending on the passengers size.  Many find it a better option to have a trunk with backrest.  That way you get a trunk and a back rest.  Givi is nice but I think Murph now has some less $ Shad cases also.  Other mods options always.  If you really want the OEM rack and backrest and no others speak up I have been keeping one stashed for some reason.

smithr-scad said:
Welcome back Paul,
The OEM backrest is not much safety or support depending on the passengers size.  Many find it a better option to have a trunk with backrest.  That way you get a trunk and a back rest.  Givi is nice but I think Murph now has some less $ Shad cases also.  Other mods options always.  If you really want the OEM rack and backrest and no others speak up I have been keeping one stashed for some reason.

Actually, the stock backrest with support bracket is plenty strong enough. The cantilevered rack that attaches to it without supplemental support (extra brackets) is not (lame design).

I fixed mine:

1117195771053667879S600x600Q85.jpg
2044483910053667879S600x600Q85.jpg

Dan

those luggage rack supports are fantastic. Great Job. No rack on my bike, just the backrest and it will only be there for the grandson rides. Which could be alot...........