• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Inbox getting SPAMMED from C.I. Cogger

Do you have the email it is coming from?  I can't handle the forum side, so that will have to wait for a moderator, but I did check COGMOS for anyone using that ID and and had no returns.  I can run it by email, so if you have it pm it to me please.

Please help with a more useful description of your problem.

Is this the user that is sending spam?

Are they private messages or email?

What is the email address "from" if it is email?

Craig

PM sent to gPink requesting help, looks like he signed out for now.

Once we find out the media type of the SPAM, we can take appropriate action.

Craig

gPink said:
Somebody needs to do some housekeepping.

Yes, looks that email address spamming you  is external to cog-online.org so there are really no options for COG to stop it.

The user only has posted twice since they joined in 2008, so a PM would probably go unanswered.

Looks like the kind of spam that gets sent from iPhone users.

This user has not violated COG terms of service as the problem is outside COG.

I would suggest adding this address to your email spam filter.

Yes some housekeeping is needed, but since this is not sent from the forum or COGMOS, it is outside of our control.

Ride free,

Craig

gPink said:
Appreciate the help. I'll take care of it on this end.
Gary

Gary,

We are here to serve, have a great day and.....

Ride free,

Craig

Craig / Gary

CICogger is an AAD in the NC area.  It may be that he has Gary's email is in his personal contacts from past use and recently was infected with a spamming virus.  If needed, I can help correlate forum & membership info to be able to provide contact info for CICogger.

S Smith said:
Craig / Gary

CICogger is an AAD in the NC area.  It may be that he has Gary's email is in his personal contacts from past use and recently was infected with a spamming virus.  If needed, I can help correlate forum & membership info to be able to provide contact info for CICogger.

Better than that, since he is your direct report drop him a friendly note.

Actually, it is Steve that I meant to take the action.

S Smith said:
kv5e said:
Actually, it is Steve that I meant to take the action.

He is Brian's AAD (NC Area)

My BAD! I kept seeing NY this morning. There's no email address listed in his public profile so no action now unless we get another complaint.