• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

IoMTT - tonight on Velocity

jimp

Sport Tourer
Don't forget - this year's Isle of Mann TT races are showing on Velocity this evening. That's 281 for you Direct TV folks.

They're showing the Superbike, Supersport, Superstock and Sidecar races.

Yes! Yes!!  My dvr already picked up the superbike and sidecar coverage, and is recording the supersport as I type this... woohoo!  :dance:

Good stuff, amazing riding. The superbike race had me on the edge of the chair.

Is the seniors race on Friday?

Did you notice that the on-board footage (for the most part from what I was able to determine) was shot using GoPro cameras? In most cases they were actually faired into the body work, most obvious on the winning sidecar rig just to the right of the chair wheel. I'm sure the producer of the series paid to have this done to get really good on-board video.

I caught the superbike race late in the evening last night and enjoyed every minute.  I just don't get tired of the great shots and the HD slow-mo replays, which are just incredible.  The one shot of four riders coming over the knoll at Ballancrae, all in the air, and then landing was just a mind-blower.  Seems like the commentators are a bit easier to understand this year also- in the past the bike/race noise made them seem to be mumbling alot.  Although, I could just be getting better at deciphering the various UK accents...  ;D
McGuinness kind of ran away with it; while it was fun watching Cam Donald, Bruce Anstey and Guy Martin duke it out for 2nd and 3rd, I couldn't help wishing Hutch was in the hunt- and Connor Cumins, for that matter, as well.  I saw the interview at the end with Cumins, but does anyone know what the story was with Hutchinson?

Tonight, Supersport and Superstock, I think...  >:D