• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Iowa meet-n-greet

snarf

"Saturday, June 18, 2011 - All Iowa Meet-N-Greet at State Center.  A repeat of
last year's inaugural event, the  Meet-N-Greet's central location gives all Iowa
COGgers a chance to say hello.  Coinciding with the annual Rose Festival,
there's plenty to see and do in historic State Center when you get tired of the
COGgers.  Meet at high noon in front of the fire station (site for pie and ice
cream)."
Anyone planning on attending?  I am going, didnt know if anyone wanted to meet up for the ride.

I've found that promoting COG activities via the forum(s) alone is insufficient to reach since MANY COG member get activity info from the newsletters and online calendar only.  I do not think this meet n greet is listed in the online calendar of events, but there are two others in the NC area the same day...

S Smith said:
I've found that promoting COG activities via the forum(s) alone is insufficient to reach since MANY COG member get activity info from the newsletters and online calendar only.  I do not think this meet n greet is listed in the online calendar of events, but there are two others in the NC area the same day...
I havent sen hardly anything listed for this.  This is straight out of CAN news letter.

last year's inaugural event, the  Meet-N-Greet's central location gives all Iowa
cream)."

Snarf said:
S Smith said:
I havent sen hardly anything listed for this.  This is straight out of CAN news letter.

cream)."

That's good news....  Not getting CAN I assumed that it not being posted in the calendar of events it was not published at all. 

Thanks for your comments, Steve.  i will mull them over in the coming days.  As author of the All-Iowa Meet-N-Greet invitiation and Iowa AAD I accept responsibility for any "failure to communicate."

Judge as you will, but please consider that some areas are just better at this stuff than others.  Try this:  Go to the Newsletter section of cog-online, NE area.  There are dozens of newsletters (probably all) for 5 years or more.  Great!  Now go west one to the NC area.  There are two newsletters and the more recent is more than a year old.  Here's another example:  I learn who joined or left COG in my area when the annual membership book falls into my mailbox.  That makes it tough to contact people in a timely manner.  Not so great.

Why the drastic difference?  Probably a combination of reasons but I won't speculate here.  My point is that I did due diligence to get my events on the cog-online electronic calendar in the past with zero success.  This year I quit trying and rely on the paper and e-mailed newsletter.  Shame on me.

Finally, I would like to thank Snarf for his posts, here and elsewhere, promoting NC area events.  It helps, Bro.  Iowa has a low COG density and few interesting roads, but we're doing better than in the past.

Jerry Roland
COG 1179

Jerry/ & Chris - Let me apologize... I am Sorry.  I was not slamming anyone - especially any officer/volunteer of COG such as yourselves.  My bad.  I owe you a beverage of your choice if you make it to the national this year.

I am truly sorry you are having such a difficult time getting the information you need to simplify your role as AAD.  I am happy to make the same offer to you and any other AAD out there I make to the NE AADs.  I will provide one-on-one tutorial on using any aspect of the COG online system, including adding calendar entries and running member reports... two of the tools most beneficial to COG officers in the trenches. Just email me and provide a phone # and what times are best to call.

I am wondering if there is anything I could do to help the NC area with getting more involvement?
I put out an invitation the other day to meet at my coffee sho in Charleston Il. And would be happy to help out.
What are these newsletters you are talking about?

Thanks

Dano said:
I am wondering if there is anything I could do to help the NC area with getting more involvement?
I put out an invitation the other day to meet at my coffee sho in Charleston Il. And would be happy to help out. What are these newsletters you are talking about?

Thanks

The club has 2 types of periodicals... The quarterly Concourier magazine and area newsletters. There are archives of both in the COG Online Member's Library (click this link to go there). COG started out as a purely pen & paper club, and these printed media are part of the legacy of the club. The newsletters have upcoming ride info and more.

Thanks for your invitation to meet at your coffee shop - what an excellent idea. One thing you could do is consider making it a monthly scheduled event and touch base with your local AAD to get this on the COG event calendar. 

I never thought anybody was slamming anybody.. I still had a great ride over the weekend.  The weather map made it look a little dicey but my bike needed a good wash.  We had three coggers show up (of course two of us rode together).  It was a big deal; State Center had a parade in honor of us, for some reason they had a bunch of vendors that weren't selling bike parts :-[ . 
It was a good time.

I'm glad to hear you had a good day, Chris.

Just to close the loop, Steve S. and I had some offline communication and he was very helpful.  I no longer have any complaints about accessing the cog-online calendar or anything else.  Sorry if I overreacted or gave that impression. 

Dano, I had to Google Maps to see where Charleston IL was.  I thought I was in the middle of nowhere!  If I'm coming out there I'd expect some cocaine and a bj with my coffee.  Just kidding about the cocaine of course.  Good on you for your volunteerism. 
:cheer:

Jerry Roland

JR said:
I'm glad to hear you had a good day, Chris.

Just to close the loop, Steve S. and I had some offline communication and he was very helpful.  I no longer have any complaints about accessing the cog-online calendar or anything else.  Sorry if I overreacted or gave that impression. 

Dano, I had to Google Maps to see where Charleston IL was.  I thought I was in the middle of nowhere!  If I'm coming out there I'd expect some cocaine and a bj with my coffee.  Just kidding about the cocaine of course.  Good on you for your volunteerism. 
:cheer:

:rotflmao: Yes I am in the middle of corn fields. We could add a couple shots of espresso to your coffee!!

Jerry Roland