• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

is there any difference from 2010 to 2011

mtc1966

Moped
i want all the newest updates but like the 2010 blue if i could find a left over is it the same bike ?

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the 2010 and the 2011's are colors. If there are differences, they're probably very small and undocumented.

Somebody has mentioned something about radiator guards for the 2011 being a different part number or such. But I haven't heard for certain that anything other than color has been changed. It may just be precautionary new year listings or something.
One thing though. The 2010 blue seems to scratch and show marks really, really easy. This particular blue might be worse than black. A friend of mine had a black bike for over a year before his 2010 C14 and it didn't even look that bad as his brand new blue C14.  I wonder if the quality of the 10 blue is as good as the other years. I was looking at my friends in my own garage that showed every single mark, pretty bad. My 08 didn't show 1/10th that after 3 years and the 10 was only a month or so old at the time. I'm not saying 2010 Blue is definetly bad. And I'm not trying to talk you out of it. But most of them I've seen, seem to show marks way worse than anything I can remember on a bike.

I have a '10 and I've read but not confirmed the following:  The radiator part numbers are the same.  The brake disc carriers have different part numbers.  I can confirm that the '10 blue is marked easily buy I'm not particularly concerned with that myself.  The '11 silver is a great color.  Midtown Kawasaki had an '11 about 3 weeks ago.  In full disclosure, that's where I bought mine and get it serviced.  That said, this bike should easily get 50K miles and probably a boatload more so you might be able to get a used '10 for considerable savings if you're lucky.  They just didn't suit some people.  Good luck.

By the way, I'm way happy with the bike after a Corbin seat, Cee Bailey windscreen, bar risers and Pirelli Angle tires.  Many have changed none of these things and are also very satisfied.  YMMV  I'd get another one if something happened to this one.

ABS brakes and traction control were options on the 2010 models but are now standard on the 2011 models. So a 2010 can be an ABS or non- ABS bike while all 2011s are ABS bikes (traction control comes with ABS as a package)

As others have pointed out, the brake rotor carriers are much heavier than they had been on previous years in an effort to reduce rotors warping.

Brian

mtc1966 said:
i want all the newest updates but like the 2010 blue if i could find a left over is it the same bike ?