• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Isle of Man. Anyone?

On mine as well.

Wanted to go in 2006, but couldn't make the dates.

Went to The Goodwood Festival of Speed instead as well as some other motorhead activity in Southern England.

Had a blast.

IOM someday

I have watched many minutes of video.  Absolutely crazy stuff.  would love to see it in person......from a safe distance.  I am sure if they party like they drive, it would be one hell of a night life.

worked with an electrical engineer for may years who came from there, his parents lived on the Isle, and every year he asked me if I wanted to go stay there at his parents house, for the race... he wasn't into bikes, he just wanted to hook me up as a pal...
His parents seemed extremely cool, and they sincerely welcomed me to come over when we all spoke on a conference call in 2007 ( of what I could understand... man, I needed subtitles to understand them... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: )
it killed me to not go, as every year it seemed like my workload, or money, refused to co operate..

someday...

Hi,
        THE best race on the Planet....PERIOD! >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• rizzla-promo-girls.jpg
    rizzla-promo-girls.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 137
We went there last summer from Dublin. Rented bikes and were led around the Mountain Course by a great tour guide. Highly  recommended!

I went in the 80's. Awesome watching the bikes flash past, but ya see more on TV. Parties are epic but be warned it is ****ING expensive in just about all areas. In '84 I spent nearly 600ukp in one week including travel, lodging, food and beer.
In today's money yer looking at $1500 plus flights for one week.