• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Isle of Man TT 2013

krumgrinder

Street Cruiser
Well, I'm a bit late to the grid on this one, but the IOMTT is already in full swing for practice and qualifying this week.  Here's a quick link to the full race schedule on the official website, lots of great info if you are following!  We should see the TV coverage a few weeks following the event, hopefully a bit sooner than previous years...

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-2013/Practice-and-Race-Schedule.aspx

Also, MCN (the UK mag) has had some cool video interviews and updates on their YouTube channel- check them out here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB_cdRhIDhlavY2I5URSC7g

Let's go racing, Manx style!!!

They are supposed to have coverage of the races this Sunday on Velocity starting at 10 A.M.

I am looking forward to watching this. That is a trip that is on my bucket list.

VERY high on my list also, how cool would it be to get a group of COG members, see what we can get for a package deal down the road, and make all of our dreams come true. I'm going to sniff around right now. Anybody????      Al

cklamer said:
They are supposed to have coverage of the races this Sunday on Velocity starting at 10 A.M.

I am looking forward to watching this. That is a trip that is on my bucket list.

Awesome, I was not aware- thanks for letting us all know!  I will have to check my dvr to see if it's picking it up or if I need to designate it.  Also have MotoGP at Mugello this weekend, iirc... it's a good weekend for bike racing!  :motonoises: :beerchug:

For some reason I watch a lot of the car shows on Velocity but wish there were more bike shows.
Did have the Biker Build offs marathon last weekend and I have to say I really enjoyed the two where they actually designated the builds had to be drag bikes.
That was pretty cool.
Especially when the GSXR build had so much torque it dislocated his shoulder on the second run. OUCH!

But yeah the TT trip is one of those I would really like to do. the wife probably not but me HELL Yeah.  :)

- cannot understand how these fellas can actually ride the bikes on account of their pair of HUGE brass ones.

You have to go there to really experience it.
There is something awe inspiring about having a bike blow past you at 190Mph separated by just a couple of feet and a stone wall!!
No, you can't turn your head fast enough to keep up.
As for the riding experience, the closest you will ever get is watching Closer to the Edge in 3D.

If you do come over, bring a spare liver.
Mine just barely coped with the ridiculous amount I drank over 8 days and I was a lot younger.

watched the side car races last night that was awesome.
Well except for when they about lost launched the guy off of the back of one.  :beerchug:

I really enjoy the side car races at the Barbers Vintage festival but I realize this is totally different animal.

Saw them interview a couple of guys from Georgia also.

My buddy and I watched the Mugello race last evening, but after he left I just had to turn on the sidecar race too- pretty incredible stuff.  The camera coverage continues to get better and better, and we're finally getting to see it on the same weekend it's actually happening!  Looking forward to more of the same in Superstock, Supersport and Superbike races!!!

Superbike was good, Supersport was awesome, I won't ruin it by telling the results.
I am looking forward to the TT Zero race today (on TV here tonight).
Yes they only do 1 lap but 160Mph on an electric bike!!!!! :-\

Insane - INsane - INSANE!!!!  It's like watching Jackass movies, it's so insane you can't stop watching!!!  Can these guys ride or what?  I love the helicopter views as they blow, no flash, through town. They're cook'n it so fast, it's like the video must be faked. I absolutely love it! What a race!! New lap record set today---Average speed 131.248 mph set by the "old dude" John McGuiness. Now, I'll drink a Guinness to that.  :))