• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Jacket fitting

bajakirch

Crotch Rocket
Since I'm always on the troll for a good deal, I've acquired a fair number of riding jackets over the years. I think I have 5 stowed away in various places around the house, though I really only use 2 of them -- a TourMaster Transition 4 for cooler weather, and a Sliders All Season 2 mesh jacket for the warm months.

Most of my jackets, with the exception of the Sliders, are the longer, ADV-styled design. And they all come with some sort of integrated waist belt. Something I started noticing this riding season is that, when I wear a jacket that seems to fit me correctly in a standing position, I get on the bike and discover the 'waist' belt tends to be up around my chest.

Is this right? I'm not a tall guy (5'10" on my better days) and I'm already wearing size L jackets. I'm afraid going up in size is going to result in jackets that are too big in other areas.

You didn't give your weight or waist size.  I'm 5' 10" and weight at 158 lbs.  I wear a 3/4  length jacket like yours for colder weather.  I've not noticed what you're saying.  But I can see where sitting compared to standing is going to affect how that waist belt fits dependent on body size. 

On my 3/4 jackets (right now a Tour Master Transition) I unzip from the bottom a bit so the jacket won't ride up. I also pull it down in back before taking off. It takes a little experimenting, zip it up from the bottom too much and cool air leaks in, etc.

Dan

As I've gotten older, my clothes seem to shrink just hanging in the darned closet! I just don't get it! I'm still the svelte young man I used to be. Right? ....  :'(

5'9" and weigh 200, 36 waist and 48 shoulders  I have to get stuff in xl just to raise my arms up.  never minded the extra legenth, just tighten the belt so it doesnt fall halfway to my knees. looks a little funny but I have room to layer under no problem.