• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Juggernaut upper armor jacket

depp

Training Wheels
Anyone tried wearing this particular body armor in an effort to stay cooler in the heat, but still have very good protection?  Cooler in this case means looking for something to replace my regular textile jacket (vents only) for hot weather riding.  Its been suggested that I will need a light, summer mesh layer over top of it to have the proper impact protection for sport touring.

Do you have a link for this?  I'm guessing that this is the under clothing gear/armor? The name juggernaut doesn't ring a bell for me.

Eppic said:
Anyone tried wearing this particular body armor in an effort to stay cooler in the heat, but still have very good protection?  Cooler in this case means looking for something to replace my regular textile jacket (vents only) for hot weather riding.  Its been suggested that I will need a light, summer mesh layer over top of it to have the proper impact protection for sport touring.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-armor/velocity-gear/juggernaut.htm

Yep!!! I have one. Use it for hot weather riding with a summer mesh over it (with the mesh armor removed).  Once you have it on and strapped into place it will not move around, it stays in place.

Cheers
Ron

I wear a similar item from TopGearLeather.com

http://www.topgearleather.com/product/342/CE-Approved-Full-Body-Armor.html

$60 and its still great after about 14 months of use in Florida

A riding buddy of mine was hit while wearing this gear and it provided great protection when he needed it the most.  I would highly recommend it after my experience and his.

One suggestion,  order a size or two larger than you think.  The sizing doesn't account for girth very well  ::)

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.  Ron, exactly what brand of summer mesh are you wearing over the armor?  As well, do you guys wear a moisture wicking t-shirt underneath the armor or just a plain T for comfort?  I'll get back to you when my armor has been shipped and have tried it on the road.  BTW, do either of you remember how many days it took to ship the juggernaut to your address?

PS:Cap'n Bob ...thanks for redirecting.

Cheers,
Dave

Eppic said:
Hey guys, thanks for the comments.  Ron, exactly what brand of summer mesh are you wearing over the armor?  As well, do you guys wear a moisture wicking t-shirt underneath the armor or just a plain T for comfort?  I'll get back to you when my armor has been shipped and have tried it on the road.  BTW, do either of you remember how many days it took to ship the juggernaut to your address?

PS:Cap'n Bob ...thanks for redirecting.

Cheers,
Dave

Hey No problem Eppic, it took about 4 days to get to my house. I wear a normal moisture wicking t-shirt. As far as mesh jacket I have a Scorpion, Fieldsheer and Olympia thay all work.  If you need a to buy a jacket you "might" need to go one size larger depending on your build, that back/spine protection on the Juggernaut is really beefy. Also remember when you first put it on the zipper in off to the rightside of the chest and the belt section should be put in place LAST.. after the side is zipped. And then pull the belt down and around.  The first time you use it you might not like it... because of the extra effort but after you get it in place and strapped in it really not a big deal. About the same amount of thine it takes me to put on gloves. And after a very few rides, you really won't notice it. You really can't beat the protection. When I was riding in the mountains of NC (Dragon) I saw quite a few riders wearing them.

Hello Ron and "Umfundisi".  I just picked up my Juggernaut this morning...tried it on and it seems to fit really good!  Now in regards to the summer mesh jacket to go over top of it...How snug should this jacket it be for a good mix of protection and breathability in the heat?  If its too large/loose fitting it will probably flap around in the wind.  Whats your experience?  I'm leaving on my Badlands trip July 6th so it doesn't leave me much time to find the right jacket.

Thanks, Dave