• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

June Oregon 2013 ride

udoggie

Mini Bike
So we don't totally threadjack the "official" 2013 Oregon ride thread, here's one for post-ride discussion on our ride today.

Kudo's to Dan, for yet another great time!  We had 8 at breakfast, and 6 on the ride.

A few things that people asked me about during the day;

A link for SPOT:  http://www.findmespot.com/en/

Battery tender panel mount:  http://www.solarcapitalist.com/sae2pin-surface-mount-connect.aspx

I think there were more questions -- just remind me  :eek:

Fun time everyone!!  -Jeff

Udoggie,  it was a great ride and get together yesterday.  The weather could not have been any better, low 70's and not a breath of wind to be found.

I enjoyed meeting a few forum members (and one non-forum, but connie rider) face to face.  It was fun seeing how others have modified their bikes to suit there needs.  It gives me plenty of ideas, but money will be my anchor before I'm able to complete a lot of the mods, but eventually I'll get there.

Bruce, Dave, Joe, Jeff and of course our fearless leader Dan (you'd have to be fearless to want to lead a bunch like us), thanks very much for a perfect day of fun on two wheels.  Can't wait to get the opportunity to get together again.

Unfortunately, I don't think we got very many pictures... Here's a couple anyway.

Getting prepped to depart after a proper breakfast
june-2013-image02_zps6fd8474a.jpeg

Lining up to cross the beautiful covered bridge, located just a couple miles outside of Sliverton, OR where we stopped for lunch.
c25a2c8f-fa4d-40b6-9347-b2258aa9b1c8_zpsa03f7713.jpg

Yep, the day was a grand day for a ride. the views around Mt Angel were incredible. Obviously, a lot of riders had the same idea as us, as there wers a lot of 'em out there. Great bunch of guys, and a great time.  :great:

FYI, here's the SPOT map from our ride.  It cuts the corners, and you can see where I left it tracking when we were stopped for lunch.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=718c51c8fd2336468

Jeff

Dan, here. Thanks for the kudos, guys. It's a rough job but someone has to do it. LOL It was my pleasure.

I got some good pics that I will share with those that may enjoy them AND have the savvy to post.

I sure was glad that I didn't have to stop "too often" for all those C-14s to catch up! ROTFLMAO!

It was great having riders from the North (160 miles away) East (101 miles) West (33 miles) and South (110 miles). Just haven't figured out how to attract all the "local" members yet but am working on it. On that note though, I want to thank Jeff for his multiple attendances! Thanks, Jeff! :)

Here's a couple more pics from Dan's camera.

This was our lunchstop...can't remember the name of the cafe.  Dave wasn't able to squeeze his bike into the picture but he did get his mug in the shot.
silverton-lunchstop-web_zps60278ffd.jpg

Crossing the bridge, I think Joe is in front, then Bruce and, I'm lagging behind (as usual).
covered-bridge2-web_zps5416cf8d.jpg

We made it through and apparently we were under the weight limit.
covered-bridge3-web_zpsef73daf0.jpg