• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Just ordered Kendon standup motorcycle lift

ONOBob

I wanted a lift.
( OK, I'm too old and stiff to crawl around on the floor anymore)
The only option for my situation is this Kendon.
( I still live in the starter home I purchased in 1985. The garage is tiny / too small for a standard lift.)

I will send an update on function / performance after I get some experience with it.

Cheers,
Bob

I would like to have one that's flush with the floor but don't really want to start busting concrete.

Dumb question. Why not get the Harbor freight lift?
Mebbe ya had a lot of $$ lying around and wanted to spend them instead?
<ptttttt!!!>

Ride safe, Ted

My garage is a one car, a very small one car, I don’t have space for a dedicated lift.

I have one of these lifts. It works well and serves it's purpose, with a couple of caveats.

It's advertised and sold as a Cruiser lift, because you can't use the bike's center stand while on the lift.

The main rail is not flat (it's a u-shaped channel), which means its not easy to get a second scissor jack between the undercarriage and the lift surface. Even if you have vertical clearance, the jack may slip on the rails without fabbing some secondary security hack. This means it may be hard or impossible to raise the rear wheel for replacement.

It has a small chock in front, but it's not large enough to hold the bike w/o tie-downs or a helper. You have to secure the bike on four corners with tie-downs, which attach to points on the lift. But they are not spaced very wide, so you have limited side-to-side security. In other words, it all stands up very tall and narrow. You have to have a strong flat floor to stand up securely.

The main lift surface is a narrow channel, which means you have to be lined up perfectly when loading.

It's portable, but heavy. The "wheels" on one end aren't very substantial and don't work well on uneven ground.

Construction is top-notch. The hand pump lever raises the table much faster and easier than the HF lift. The air fitting raises it even faster. Lowering has to be done carefully, just cracking the release valve or the lift will drop very fast. The security bar is substantial.

All in all, I'm glad I have it, but wish I had room for regular lift table. In the absence of work space, this works. I use mine, and like it in spite of the above., but those limitations make it of limited value, which still may be ok with you.

Enjoy, Gary