• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Katana 1100 1989 35k miles - $down to $1500 - need garage space for C14!!!

Swampy

Scooter
Selling my beloved Kan-of-tuna. Had it for 20 years - garage kept - adult ridden two up 90% of the time. Only mechanical modification is stage 1 jet kit and 4:1 Yoshimura pipe.

Fresh tires, chain, sprockets, and oil (always run synthetic). Two windshields included. Original paint has a few tip over scrapes (hot parking lot tar!!!)

PM if want info - it is also on ebay

Nice ride, I wish i had the $$ and a way to grab her from you. Post a picture in this thread so we can star at her.

:TPIWWP:

Wow a real blast from the past. There was a guy I used to ride to Sears Point with how had one, they were really common in the early 1990s.

I'm struck by how forward-thinking Suzuki was in '89...they were already using an aluminum box frame. Not sure if engine is a stressed member in those, or it just hangs. VERY different from my '97 Katana 600. Totally not the same bike. My 600 is actually a Bandit from the 80's, with plastics added, not the modern bike this is.

Very interesting...

It has been a great bike and anvil reliable! We rode it two up for the past 20 years - soft bags, big tank bag, and wife and I would comonly do 250 mile days in the smokeys. Nice long stable platform with enough room for two american adults. I'll miss her but the C14 was just the right next step for us.

I've seen a bunch of them at the drag races too - guess the block has plenty of room to punch the cubes out to 1400 CCs - then you put in a GSXR CAM and the thing is a BEAST!!!!

Hope to sell it soon - garage is way too crowded.

The 1988 Katana 1100 was my first serious bike crush.  I liked other bikes before that, but the 88 Katana was my first major woodey.  I didn't get one, and my first litre bike was my 1991 ZX11 Ninja.  Which I like far more to this day.  But WOW was I smitten by that Kat.

I'm looking for a good low budget tour bike, but you're just to far from SW Minnesota!!! It looks to me that it would be very quick, and just out or curiosity, what kind of gas mileage does it get? Thanks, Mike

gas mileage....no idea. I get 150 miles per tank and jt holds 5 gals....but it is a 5 speed, I ride 2 up 90% of the time with soft bags and tank bag....I'm 210 and spouse is medium build 5'3 and we tend to cruise at 80.

why don't you get a one way spirit flight to fort lauderdale and ride her home?