• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki Tall Windscreen

mass

Bicycle
Thought I'd offer another alternative for folks looking for a larger windscreen for the C14. Over the past few weeks I've found the ideal height for the OEM screen that allows cool air into the rider on warm days with no buffeting but when I raise to full height the air blast hits me right in the face and causes a lot of buffeting. I figure that to maintain the cool air flow on hot days and to eliminate the buffeting at full elevation, all I needed was another 3 inches in screen height. I almost bought the 6 inch Cal-Sci screen but I figured that size screen would be too warm. I'm learning to like the cool air flowing into the cockpit especially with the extra heat the C14 engine generates. I find it more comfortable than my C10 with the big screen on a hot day. Anyway, I bought the Kawasaki tall screen that is a little less then 3 inches higher than the stock screen. At the full down position I get the exact same air flow as I did on the stock screen on my favorite position and in the full up position, it throws the air just above my forehead with no buffeting. I'm 6 foot 3 and this minimal height difference in screens works very well for me, plus the cost of the tall Kawasaki screen was almost half of the Cal Sci screen with the discount my Dealer offered after purchasing my new '09 C14. It cost me only $100 even. Kevin

I've never tryed the Kawasaki tall shield, but I would like to. I have four shields. Of course the factory POS. I have two Cal Sci shields (3" & 4 1/2"). And I have a V Stream. I use two. I use the 3" CalSci in the summer heat. I use to use the Cal Sci 4 1/2" in the winter, but now use the V stream for cool and trips. But the 4 1/2" CalSci is probably the best of what I've tried, if I could only use one. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg

I've got the tall Cal Sci screen on my C-1400. It's great, completely blocks the wind when I need it and all the way down it gives me full air to my helmet. I'm 5'11 and sit kinda slouched in case anyone was wondering about how it would fit them. Shawn Cox 8000 miles so far.

I got the dealer to throw in a free tall windscreen as part of my purchase agreement. I was unhappy with the standard screen , with buffeting at every setting. The tall screen in the highest position works perfectly for me at 6 feet, 1 inch. I can easily see over it and it provides calm air even on the highway.

Does the newer screen have a flip on the top edge?  I'm 6' tall and would like to find a screen made w/a flip on the top to raise the air up & over but not real tall.  HELP PLEASE!!!      ANYONE  :mad:

I also have four shields and one of them includes the Kawi tall. For solo riding it is actually my favorite shield.
I have stock shorty, Cee Bailey Euro tinted and a CalSci 6.
The CalSci is the best two up shield.

I have been using Kawasaki tall during summer. I'm 6- 1 like that screen a lot. Winter riding I use c-Bailey euro cut. I have a 2008 c-14 50,000 plus mi.