• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki W650

Ranger Jim

Sport Tourer
I just bought (from another COGger) the COOLEST bike.  A W650 8).  Kinda looks like a 1968 Triumph Bonneville without the oil leaks and Lucas wiring  ;).  As it's really light (compared to the Connie or the GoldWing) so it's easy to handle and it's an absolute HOOT to ride.  :D Gets a lot of attention too :)).  Of course anyone who knows anything about old Triumph can immediately tell that it's not a Trumpet but there really aren't that many of those 'round these here parts.  This is why I'm selling the KLR.

Here are some pictures:

2001%20W650%20001.jpg
2001%20W650%20002.jpg

Congrats on the new bike!

The W650s are definitely cool bikes, Jim. They are headed for cult status.  8)

I always wanted a W650. I had the chance at one and I dragged my feet. I won't make that mistake again!

Oil leaks and Lucas wiring? I resemble that! Mine doesn't have...Oh, yeah, it does have oil leaks. But no Prince of Darkness wiring! Nosiree. I got me a high output 240 watt 3-phase alternator and elektronik ignition. Of course the bike won't run above idle if the battery voltage drops. AMHIK!. Score one for points! Congrats on the new bike Jim! They are pretty cool bikes.

Eddie

colinp386 said:
So where's the picture Jim LoL

It doesn't exist without pictures  ;D

I had a '70 Bonneville and really loved that machine.  I test rode the new Bonneville at biketoberfest. The test ride was down a 25 mph road, WTF, but it felt cramped up to me.

Congratulations on the bike