• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Knocked off Page Mill Rd. by a kid on a "stunter".

I am fine. Hip checked a tree after it clipped the mirror. Didn't so much drop it as bounced off a tree. Does anyone have a line on bark busters for the C-14?

Ya know, I thought about calling you last night to get together for a ride today.

Did the kid stop? His insurance or yours going to cover it? Don't let them total it, go through the estimate and cross off everything not crash related, and cross off labor - do it yourself.

Let me know if you can use my help.

Boy, that really does suck, Rob.  I agree with Jim - this is stuff you can easily do yourself in order to keep it from being totaled.  Hope that hip check didn't cause any major hurt.

Did the kid stop?  Did he actually come into contact with you?

He did stop. I went up the hill, he went down the hill. His bike ended up caught in a tree about 40 feet below the road, he went further down the hill. He suffered a broken leg and arm. He had no Insurance. My insurance is covering my bike. I ordered the parts from BikeBandit. The cost was $1084. I figure an additional $30-$40 bucks for hardware and miscellaneous stuff. I am going to look into a camera mount somewhere on the nacelle. If I have it off, why the hell not. I am over the anger. Kids are kids, I have kids too.

Jim, I appreciate the offer, I will call you when everything comes in. See if you are up for an afternoon of assembly.

In the meantime, I have bought a concave adhesive backed mirror and stuck it on the right side bar dampner. Not great but it works.

Amusing idiosyncrasy, with the passenger mirror shaved off, the bike seems positively slender while splitting lanes.

Sandman said:
His bike ended up caught in a tree about 40 feet below the road,

Please tell us you have a picture of that! 

Did you order the cast aluminum subframe that the mirror mounts to?

Flat-spot said:
Here is a full time front/rear camera system  (evidence recorder!)  that I would really like to have.  Read all the details/features.  Pretty cool.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOREA-NEW-COWON-AD1-Car-DVR-Dash-cam-Real-HD-2CH-8GB-Motorcycle-Mode-English-/111592685467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fb713f9b
The only drawback I see is it does not state that it's waterproof.

On page 14 of the owner's manual, it actually warns you to not let it get wet.

http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/file/manual/AD1/AD1_manual_1.1_EN.pdf

Most of the customer responses seem to indicate that the 420p rear view camera is a big disappointment.

You're probably better served by a device designed for a rough environment like the GoPro.  The new Black one is admittedly twice as much as the Cowon, but it's got 4k resolution and is waterproof.  Its very existence has already dropped the price of the GoPro models which are "only" HD.

LOL! No picture of the bike hanging in the tree. My phone was crushed between me and the tree. Yes, I ordered the sub-frame. I probably could have reused the existing mirror, but it fell off on the ride home.

Thanks ChipDoc,  good to know.  I wish someone would design a 360* system that automatically records if the engine is running, very low profile semi-permanent mount, water/vibe proof, loop recording, etc.....in other words, dedicated to full time evidence recording.  You could still pull and download the memory card for event recording.