• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Know there has been discussion on oil filter brands on this site for C10?

I have STP (SMO-09 or 012), and Fram (CH6009 or 6012) Filter box tops here.
I've used all 4, and save the tops to help me remember the number.
I think the difference (9 or 12) is the O-ring that is included with the filter.
You should be able to do a crossover on Google to Fram, "or" any Auto Supply should have the crossover in their computer.
(I found many kinds of oil filters, but, (so far) I'm not having any luck finding a Bosch on Google)

Last edited:
Yeah what has o-ring and not is a good know. There was a good discussion on all this just can not find it anymore. K&N 401, HighFlo 401,
Purolator ML16812 besides what those you mentioned. Have not found a Bosch yet.
Thanks Ted.

Perhaps out European members have an idea for a Bosh Filter?
But, the other filters have been doing a good job for years.

Ride safe, Ted

Perhaps out European members have an idea for a Bosh Filter?
But, the other filters have been doing a good job for years.

Ride safe, Ted
Hello Ted and Mercer here I am from over the pond.
I don't know anyone who use Bosch filters on Kawasakis.
As I know they have only filters for cars and don't produce them. I heared once that anybody uses a Bosch filter on a bike, but that was from a car and didn't match exactly. I use Mann or Mahle filters for my Bmw cars and K&N for Connie and have a couple of original Kawasaki filters for my Z1-R tc turbo and Kz750b.
best regards
Chris

Hello Ted and Mercer here I am from over the pond.
I don't know anyone who use Bosch filters on Kawasakis.
As I know they have only filters for cars and don't produce them. I heared once that anybody uses a Bosch filter on a bike, but that was from a car and didn't match exactly. I use Mann or Mahle filters for my Bmw cars and K&N for Connie and have a couple of original Kawasaki filters for my Z1-R tc turbo and Kz750b.
best regards
Chris
Thanks for insight! Good hearing from over there.