• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KRAMBONZ RTE October 19

Tom NWGA

I think Rock and I are coming. I've got it on my calendar anyway.
Ron

BUMP and NewsFlash:
This event is coming up THIS WEEKEND. Please register early and often so's I can get a headcount for the good people of KramBonz  :great:

Also, I found some information in my mailbox concerning an event to commemorate the 175th anniversary of the Trail of Tears. For those not familiar with it, the Cherokee, Creek and other tribes were forcibly removed from the Southeast in the late 1830's. The forced march was called the Trail of Tears. The capital for the Cherokee nation was New Echota, located in Murray County in northwest Georgia. This Saturday the historic site is hosting several activities including demonstrations, films, and music.  I plan to stop by on the way back from the lunch:

New Echota Cherokee Capital State Historic Site
1211 Chatsworth Hwy 225N, Calhoun, Ga. 30701
1-75 Exit 317
706-624-1321

The events end at 4 PM with a native music concert.  There is a fee for attending:
Admission: $7.50 adult, $6.50 senior, $5.50 child (includes museum, film and nature trails)

Have been advised that the posted location is slightly off for GPS purposes.

USE ADDRESS 9172 HIGHWAY 68, TELLICO PLAINS, TN instead.

KramBonz will be in the red building to the west of the highway at the entrance to the CVS shopping center.

Man, I'm salivating again, but a little over a thousand miles too far away to make it  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gps is way off, it is right beside a grocery station on the right, right before you get to turn left onto the skyway id coming from maryville way

Do you have to be a full member to attend? I will most likely get a membership, but things are a little crazy time wise for me right now.

Brian,  you do NOT have to be a member to attend. In fact, this would be a good time to meet some good riders, nice people, and see some bikes. Eventually you'll want and need to join COG, and we're patient here. Go and enjoy.      Al

Hey Brian,
You are more than welcome to join us! Last I checked, none of the ones signed up have a history of biting and all but one have their rabies shot... ;)
Hope to see you tomorrow!
Tom

Thanks, I should be able to make it. The wife unhooked the leash. Guess she's not scared of me biting anymore. I am also assuming this is EST time as the location is.

OK, I'm going to plan on it. I'm coming from CST, so I'll have a light breakfast! Looking at the map I've probably rode through there before. So is the true location the one next to Morgan Cycle & ATV?

Look forward to seeing you there. The location you mention does not sound right. The location is to the immediate west of Hwy 68 as it crosses through the middle of Tellico Plains. Adjacent to the restaurant is the CVS Pharmacy and shopping center which lies across the highway from the BP gas station and convenience store. The restaurant actually has a driveway off something called Bears Lane according to Google Maps.

Thank you, we did have a nice run up the Cherohala after lunch at KramBonz and ice cream  :) It was great to meet you and Kurt today. Hope all goes well with the birth of your daughter in the coming weeks.

Kurt learned to use Connie's 2nd and 3rd gears on mountain roads. He'll be a bonafide road warrior in the not too distant future  >:D

Jay shoulda stayed with Kurt and myself. Could've picked up an apple or two...

All in all, a great day, great people, and a great COG event.

[And no ex-brother-in-law this time!!]

Sorry I didn't get to meet you guys. I way under-estimated the travel time over there :-[ . I guess I was thinking 2hrs to Sweetwater (which is about right on the interstate) but I got off and took back roads and it turned out to be 3 hrs., although a beautiful ride. Probably 3-1/2 to Tellico Plains.  I had no problem finding Krambonz, except when I got there, there were a bunch of Harley guys there and no empty seats. Oh well, look forward to meeting you all some time.

We just missed each other because those riders were coming in as we left to go to the outfitters downtown and get some ice cream before hitting the Cherohala. Glad you had a good ride. We'll catch up with you next time!