• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Land Speed Racing

SpringerC14

August 31 - Sept 2, yes this is Labor day weekend, Land  speed racing at the old Loring Air Force base in Limestone Maine.  Last year a world record was set on a Busa , 311 mph! In July a small block Super Bird went 199 mph....The likes of pro drag racer Rickey Gadson are usually in attendance and racing multiple bikes. There are usually any kind of car or bike racing that you could imagine. Check out the website. lta-lsr.com, Loring timing association. You can camp right on the base or motels are with in a half hour ride. Camping at the base is always fun  :beerchug:  :103: If you slab it, I recommend getting off in Newport and picking up Rte 11 to Ashland, possibly the best riding in Maine, watch out for the sometimes pesky moose... 

John, thanks for posting this.  Sounds really cool.  I'll do my best to try to make it up there.