• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lifting the Connie

ceaty0179487

Not sure where to post this but i am asking if anyone out there that might have found a solution to lift the Connie C10 up to do work standing up or sitting down on a chair.

My Pitt bull Stand will pick my front end up high enough by the front forks to make it a lot easier to work on or change the oil. After I pick it up with my center stand down. I shove some boards I made under the center stand for safety. This does help a lot. Kawasaki could of been smart and put some bobbins on the rear. I have heard of a few people doing this but never saw any pictures.

Dean

Many use the Harbor Freight motorcycle lift table with success . It goes on sale pretty cheap often . As Fathers Day is near I'd bet it's on sale right now .

I got mine used for $200 maybe 7 years ago. The days of cheap lifts at harbor freight have been gone for a while. Used ones on craigslist were $300 and up last time I looked. If you can find a good used one for under $300, I would buy it.

Before I had my motorcycle lift, I built a table that was about 14" high. Used a ramp and rolled the bike on top. Worked great.

I got mine used for $200 maybe 7 years ago. The days of cheap lifts at harbor freight have been gone for a while. Used ones on craigslist were $300 and up last time I looked. If you can find a good used one for under $300, I would buy it.
In my area, they are listed for $450-500 USED. If you see a used one for $300 it is gone within an hour.

Now here's one a couple hours away that's just like mine for just $150 - listed 28 minutes before I posted this.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1776539292741485/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:90d7f933-7c72-4dec-8116-10200e7b9d69

We'll see how long it lasts.

I've been looking to convert mine to air over hydraulic - that would be the cat's pajamas.

I have learned there are 2 different models of the HF lift, and the method of conversion is different for each

Before I had my motorcycle lift, I built a table that was about 14" high. Used a ramp and rolled the bike on top. Worked great.
How long was your ramp? :unsure:

Even as low as my Panther lift is (similar to the older Handy Lifts) when lowered, today I still hesitate to try and push it up. Because of the bikes “bulk,” I just can’t get close enough to it to feel comfortable, so I ride it up. The continuing imbalance crap (and aging me) doesn’t help; no problem with the KLR or the CL77. Both are a little lighter and a lot narrower.

My bench was originally built about 1980 {when I was dirt biking} from a solid core door, and I used that until about 2010 when I purchased a lift table. It was built STRONG, and I gave it to my nephew when I went to a lift.
He still uses it to work on Harleys.
In ways, it was better than my lift as it was absolutely rigid for working on the bikes and had a storage area under the bike's engine.

It had an (approx.) 2' ramp that was about 12' wide.
I latched the end of the ramp to the table for extra stability and used it for light weight bikes etc.
But 2' is too steep for bigger bikes (as the belly pan drags).
So, I set the bottom of that ramp on the top of a 2" long car ramp for bigger bikes.
Still stable as heck and I was too lazy to build a longer (1 piece) ramp.

(Like you) For the bigger bikes (Concours) I didn't like rolling the bigger bikes up it.
So, I had a friend help me when I rolled a bike up.

NOTE: I could have made a wider/longer ramp but riding up wasn't practical as I made the bench narrow to ease working on the bikes. ie; No place to put your feet if you rode up.

Ride safe, Ted

PS:
This might be an option for someone that doesn't have a lot of space.
Many years ago, someone posted a foldaway table.
It consisted of 4 boards that crossed each other like a Tic-Tac-Toe game.
The 4 boards interlocked, and you placed a tabletop on them and latched it together.
With a little thought/ingenuity it could be built to be strong/Stable.