• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Longest Day Ride - June 24

Daboo

I think the name of "longest day" ride is pretty apt. It's about the longest day of the year, and about the longest ride you'll take in a day. :D

We (Charlie, Mike, Steve and Wally) met as usual at Denny's in Arlington. Nice weather and promised for a great ride and day.

Just a couple pics. The HaloCam pics were taken with an inexpensive "dash cam".

Mike behind me on the North Cascades Highway.
1687740257789.png

Front camera in the rain.
1687740689000.png

The rear camera was still pretty clean.
1687740768906.png

It was tough riding through this.

1687740505693.png

Mike and Steve after we put on some rain gear.
1687740941895.png

Chris

Diablo Lake. Notice the people in the pic to get a feel for the scale of the view.

ghek6Vf.jpg

This is near where Grant hit a rock and bent his front rim.

1687746951508.png

The temperature was warm enough as we came down from the pass that I actually was drying out. (I wasn't wearing rain pants.)

But then another thunderstorm hit.

1687745059086.png

When you feel that icy cold water come into your nether regions, you look on the bright side and realize your underwear is being washed again...whether it needed to be washed or not. :D

Chris