• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking at buying a 1995

David_Spry_NE

Big Wheel
Joining the Forum to get advice on buying a 1995 Concours or a 2001 Suzuki Katana 600 for a fun bike. I have a Goldwing Trike and a Harley Davidson Springer. Need advice, pro's & con's. I don't want to spend more than $4K. David

Hi David, Lots of info here under the Common Questions link on the home page. http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=17619 Photos[/url]

Hey David, Welcome to the forums.. Not sure how valuable my input will be for you, but thought I'd share my thoughts as I just recently picked up a new (for me) connie myself. I spent probably a good 3 or 4 months checking out different bikes, and the trying to take into account the "used" factor. My original "max" I was gonna spend on a bike was around 5K .. but then I stumbled across a deal that I just thought was too good to pass up on a new-ish 08 Connie.. :) but besides busting my budget here's some of the "comments" I came across when doing my research.
  • connies have been around forever - so parts are easy to come by, when needed.
  • now take this for what it's worth. as it's a word of mouth comment.. but stuck in my head.. -- older Suzuki's require more maintenance than most brands it seems.... I was looking into storms and C50's when i found that.
  • a friend recommended to me a "larger" CC engine even though I was getting back onto a bike after a 10 year break.. mainly I'm a "bigger" guy.. and he thought the 750's and 800's would be nice for about 6 months .. then I'd probably feel the need for more
and for me.. the win difference for a connie and kitana would probably be body position... I've did the sports bike thing (yamaha seca 650 turbo) and well... fun to play on.. but not great for any long distances.. I always found my back would be killing me after about an hour or 2 of riding hope this helps at all. Louis