• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking for Recommendation for Heated Gear

colinp386

It's the CFO's "B'Day" so I'm thinking on buying her some heated gloves and jacket. Anyone got any recommendations on what works well and places to buy. Coggers are such discerning buyers I appreciate your thoughts :) Colin Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

I have a Gerbing jacket liner & "Classic" gloves - love 'em. www.gerbing.com I have the older "classic" gloves and they are a bit bulky. I hear the newer G3 gloves are a bit better. I also see they have a new heated glove liner. Also, I had my jacket liner dual wired so that I can have the gloves and jacket on a dual control and set the temp for each independent. -- Steve Smith, #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Go local, Gerbing's is just down the road a bit. Maybe you take her on a Hood Canal ride, and stop at Gerbing's for a custom fitting? Mike B / Gig Harbor, WA

Go local, Gerbing's is just down the road a bit
Mike thanks for the heads up, I had not realized they were local. As it happens its just up the road from the property we bought in Olympia, so a road trip is easy. Cheers C. Colin Prior Cogmos Committee Chairman Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

Have the Gerbing G3 gloves and vest here. If you go this way get the dual controller. I originally got the G3 gloves last fall from a COG member who bought them and then they didnt fit him right ( too small ). -- After a winter of commuting and seeing how much I liked the G3 gloves, I purchased a vest for Rose and I both. I have only used the vest a few times. One thing I notice is it gets hot. Where the gloves are not that hot. ( remember I do well in the cold and not so well in the heat, people are different ) Even in the colder weather, with only a single controller on high the vest will cook me medium well to well done and the hands are just a nice toasty medium rare. The the single controller on low, the vest heats exactly how I like it, medium rare, with the hands still being a bit cold, in the cold weather. -- When Charles (Damtour) and I rode Mt. Hood and Santiam Pass in Oregon at 33* and snowing this last June, instead of putting the vest next to me with the light sweater and Kilimanjaro over the top. I did the light sweater first, then the vest over top the sweater, then the KManjaro. This worked well, I was able to turn the single controller up to keep the hands warm and the sweater insulated me from the hot vest while still keeping me warm under that jacket. Dual controller would be best. 2003 Concours COG #6953 http://mysite.verizon.net/slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm

Gerbing jacket liner and Classic gloves here too. They are great. When I go to the Seattle bike show I'm going to buy the permanent install controller. I have the dual channel portable and I don't like having all those wires hanging about. 06 Concours Vancouver, BC