• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lowering link installation help

az28

Big Wheel
Looking for instructions on installing a lowering link on a '99 C10.
Anyone have this available? Thank You.

Seems no one replied.  That's odd.  Lowering links typically swap out one for one with the arms already on there.  At least they did with my wife's BMW F650GSD.  Grease'm, torque the bolts to kaw spec, and know she will handle differently.

Mark

Installing the link is the easy part. Put bike on center stand, support rear wheel with 2x4 as a lever, remove three bolts noting locations, remove 6 dust seals, I used socket's to remove bearings, noting location's again, ( press from the numbered side ) a vise or big C clamp will do. You will need a way to accurately measure the depth and set the depth of the bearings. You can do it in 2 or 3 hours. The hard part is you will have to shorten the side stand and the center stand the same as the lowering link. I lowered mine        1 1/2". you will need a welder or some one to weld them back to together. I will try to include pictures.

http://forum.cog-online.org/Themes/cog_theme3/images/bbc/img.