• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lowering Link with Progressive Rear Shock

ianz5150

Bicycle
Does anyone know if the Soupy's lowering links or with the  Norm Sourcy lowering block, work with the Progressive 465 rear shock that Murph's sells? I tried to mine some intel with a search but failed.

Ianz5150 said:
Does anyone know if the Soupy's lowering links or with the  Norm Sourcy lowering block, work with the Progressive 465 rear shock that Murph's sells? I tried to mine some intel with a search but failed.
If the shock is made specific for the C-10 it should work with the rocker for sure. The Soupy's links are dependent on the design of the aftermarket shock. If it looks similar to the stock shock then the Soupy's links will work.

Thank you for that information. I'll probably try and get my hands on a lowering block and go ahead and order a shock from Murph's place.

I do ask you to contact Norm, and discuss his link, and dimensions as applicable...
I had every "part/link" he produced, and tried them all.  I found them well made, and reliable, he made some good parts...

I would be happy to contact him. If you have contact information to pass to me, that would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll try to find it here. Thanks!

Norm Soucy Lowering Rocker info from old discussion;

I thought that the Lowering Rocker that Norm Soucy made {for the C-10} was no longer available.
So I located him.  :great:

{Has the 1 1/2" in stock}  Said he can make different heights.
  (He now includes new bearings and seals in all Lowering Rockers and sells)  {$200}

We briefly discussed the use of his Lowering Rockers and Longer shocks.
I told him, that people would be interested in his Lowering Rockers because of installations of C-14 (or other) shocks.

If this is of interest to anyone , contact him.

Here is his up to date info:  sanleonster@gmail.com
                                          phone# (281) 339-1156

NOTE: Several of us have now used the 1 1/2" Rocker and a C-14 shock on our C-10's.
          With this set up the bike is about the same height as stock.
          I think the Lowering Rocker is not required if you use a ZZR-1100 or 1200 Rear Shock.
              That info is available on the forum..

Ride safe, Ted

Yes it will work
I did exactly what you are talking about with the lowering links to The Mule about 2 years ago
Did it with a bunch of other things while I had the bike apart.

who me? said:
Yes it will work
I did exactly what you are talking about with the lowering links to The Mule about 2 years ago
Did it with a bunch of other things while I had the bike apart.

Do you know how much your bike was lowered, and what size link you utilized in combination with the Progressive 465? If I decide to dig into the bike I'm going to get one of the 1.5" ones that might be in stock.