• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

lucky guy

mellow yellow

Street Cruiser
saw this video just a moment ago. will try to paste. never did this, hope it works.http://video.aol.com/video/battered-and-bruised-good-morning-america/4031136917

It works! anyway I tried to post a comment on the page of the video, but it kept going to the Kendra video. but watching the video I noticed that where the guy landed was next to the lines that separates the lanes. I was wondering that if after getting knocked off your bike, and not getting runed over by anyone else and if you had the mental and physical ability to do it, if rolling over to the lines seperation lanes would increase your chances of survival?

Crashes in traffic are scary.  My first I was 15, hit and run by a blue car.  that's all I know.  I was turning left leaving a highway and they came from behind at speed .  They tried to get around my left and ripped the forks off the bike dropping me pretty much unhurt in the middle of the road spinning like a top.  I was disoriented, but jumped up trying to get off teh roadway.  Once in the dirt, I realized they were not stopping and there was no other vehicle in sight.  Had another car been behind them (70mph limit) I would have been toast.

Last time was two years ago this Saturday.  Hit by another bike and knocked down in traffic.  As soon as I quit sliding I was trying to get up to run, but couldn't.  I could only roll to the edge of the roadway.  But traffic stopped and there was no real threat... but you just don't know that while you're going down.  I know I'm probably going to survive falling down, what I don't know is if I can survive what comes afterwards.  That's what is scariest about traffic to me, getting hit once down.  Being hit from behind twice now I find it impossible to guard against and, so far, the most frightening part realizing you're going down and worrying about whether or not you'll be able to avoid being run over as a result.

It's a scary proposition. I think the guy did what I probably would have done. I think he had his best chances getting as close to between the lanes as he could. Probably favoring the lane he was in so hopefully they stopped already. But you never know until your in the situation.
The last time I had a wreck. All went dark, when light (and voices) appeared again. I had EMTs who just happen to be there when it happened, over me! But I was out of it enough that had I been in the middle of multiple lanes, I would have been at the mercy of God and the other drivers! (more than ever!!!)

Amazing video!
I wonder what the driver had to say?  Cell phone?  Texting, or just plain inattentiveness?
Too bad the rider wasn't ATGATT to save him from the road rash.

habelsgtb said:
Amazing video!
I wonder what the driver had to say?  Cell phone?  Texting, or just plain inattentiveness?
Too bad the rider wasn't ATGATT to save him from the road rash.
unfortunately, according to the news report, they didn't go into details about the driver. and you're right. I guess if he was dressed properly he might not have sustained the roadrash. I hear that is very painful. can't do anything about his other injuries. that's why I'm always checking my mirrors when I come to a stop. on a different note, I noticed that I've been upgraded to mini bike status. now I'm going to have to find me a pictire of a mini bike for my profile. I had finally figured out how to post pics. and had just posted the bicycle pic. under my alter ego persona.

The driver had no insurance and no license. He wasn't even arrested!  Just given a "heavy" citation, according to another report.  Makes me think about going around Dallas tomorrow on my trip through there.  What's a few extra miles??

Jim said:
The driver had no insurance and no license. He wasn't even arrested!  Just given a "heavy" citation, according to another report.  Makes me think about going around Dallas tomorrow on my trip through there.  What's a few extra miles??
this is why there is so much criminal activity in this country. no one is held  accountable for their actions. the motorcyclist sustains serious injuries and all the driver gets is a citation? I guess if the guy was killed, the driver would probably get community service! anyway I hope you make it to your destination safely.