• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

McCruise Cruise Control

Jeff, go to the main page of the forum, type McCruise in the search bar at the upper right part of the web page, then click on the Search button. You'll find lots of discussions about the McCruise that way.

Screw it.  I'm keeping this open.  There isn't a thread dedicated to McCruise.

I just got it on and am loving it.  Behaves like a car's cc.  It was worth every penny.  Now I don't have to worry about numbness then eventual pain in my hand.  Can't wait to take a long trip now.  Something like 1000 miles to out west and carve those mountains/canyons.  And the backlit display is nice.  Tony is really good to work with. 

With 1 simple search I found 134 threads about the McCruise CC. Everything from basic how to install to extensive troubleshooting. Are you just to lazy to do your own research or is this your normal Attitude?

No idiot.  I'm talking about a thread titled that.  I did the same search and found McCruise under a Rofstra thread.  Do you have reading comprehension problems?

Deepsea said:
With 1 simple search I found 134 threads about the McCruise CC. Everything from basic how to install to extensive troubleshooting. Are you just to lazy to do your own research or is this your normal Attitude?

And if I remember correctly I went back 3 pages.  At that point I said FI I'm starting a new thread, because the date was getting long ago, so by me not going to page 4 and beyond then yeah I got lazy at that point.

Three whole pages. That's a pretty good cross section of information and should have answered your question.

"Has anyone installed the electronic McCruise Cruise Control?  How is it working out?"

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]But then you'd have to be able to comprehend the information for it to have any value. Or, maybe you are just one of those people who's "E[/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ntitled".[/font]

"Hey",, everybody chill.

It appears that both of you got off on the wrong footing.

We've all {including me} made comments that stirred up an argument.
Sometimes what started that arguing, was a simple misunderstanding of what was typed.

How about, we get back to discussing Connie's?

I'll start; I don't have a McCruise, bukuz I'm too cheap/poor.
            Is it really worth installing?

Ride safe, Ted

I think a new thread is warranted..especially if the other threads weren't really recent.  I've got an '09 and I have had the McCruise sitting on my shelf for over a year.  Maybe I'll get around to installing it this winter.  :eek:

Sorry but when an angry unknown adolescent comes storming in with "**** it" and responds with "Idiot and Must have a reading compression problem" I take umbrage and will respond. He sounds like the typical bully who Demands everyone else bow down and pay homage to his superiority. Not going to happen.

A guy comes to this site. Wants to ask a question to build some camaraderie. Then the peanut gallery jump all over him. Amazing! I apologize for the blunt upfront nature opf the members. Sometimes I wonder if they just sit around waiting to blast a new guy about the search feature. Sorry I don't have cruise control on mine so I am of little help. But these guys have a lot of knowledge. I am sure you will get some advice.

By the way: Welcome to the site. Where are you located?

OP wasn't asking for advice.  He just wanted to know what experience people are having with their McCruise.

Welcome to the COG forum

I'm wondering why he's asking for others' experience and then 2 posts later he says he already has it installed and it's great.  Why not just give us a review of the thing?  Might have avoided some of the responses.

Doesn't matter. He's gone. So is Deepsea. Too bad - I liked his knowledge even though it was way over my head! Maybe he will cool down and come back. As for jmozg1400,
buh-bye!

gsun said:
Doesn't matter. He's gone. So is Deepsea. Too bad - I liked his knowledge even though it was way over my head! Maybe he will cool down and come back. As for jmozg1400,
buh-bye!

I believe Mike (Deepsea) is still posting.

On a similar note...

Most here know I've installed many Rostras for others, as well as my own bike, and have my own wiring diagrams I share.

I've never installed or looked at an McCruise system, but I keep hearing it's pretty much plug & play, hence makes it worth the steeper price for some.

While on a trip to Arkansas a couple of months ago, I pulled up in front of my motel room at the Quality Inn, and started unloading. Two guys walked up to me and started looking at my bike, and some of the mods I've done to it and began to comment how much they liked it. As we talked, one said he had a new F6B Honda, and he had someone install an McCruise system. It had stopped working, and he had no clue how to troubleshoot it. He asked what mine was, and I said a Rostra, and told him I had installed several of them.

I assume there may be schematics and info included with an McCruise or that can be downloaded out there.

But, do we have any Guru's here on COG that may have their own install tips, schematics to intergrate one to a C14 or, even better, an F6B? I got the guy's phone number, and would like to help him troubleshoot it.

I'd like to see if it's similar or different than the Rostra, both in installation, and wiring.
Any tips that help are appreciated!

Thanks.
Bob

I haven't installed any cruise on a bike, but we did a particularly difficult install on a Classic car.
We contacted the manufacturer and they were very helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

So, (as a starting point) I suggest he contact the manufacturer.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: When I typed this, I had no idea they were in Australia.

Unless they have gone out of business, I would think the first step would be to contact McCruise in Australia Bob. As an added benefit, they mostly speak English, just as we Americans mostly speak English, so the translation time should be short. :)

The McCruise is a in- house design that uses an intermediate rotary station that attaches both the throttle cables from the hand grip and then connects to the engine's throttle drum. The rotary station is powered by an Audiovox vacuum unit but because it is used very differently than the original Audiovox linear system, it has more than enough power, even at low vacuum points, to move the throttle as needed. Overall, a nice system though expensive and not quite as plug 'n play on some bikes as it is on others, though still far less bike modification is needed, especially on the wiring side, as a Rostra by comparison.

But because it is a proprietary system, I doubt there will be much in the way of useful troubleshooting tools such as schematics available in the public domain.

Brian

C14lvr said:
On a similar note...

Most here know I've installed many Rostras for others, as well as my own bike, and have my own wiring diagrams I share.

I've never installed or looked at an McCruise system, but I keep hearing it's pretty much plug & play, hence makes it worth the steeper price for some.

While on a trip to Arkansas a couple of months ago, I pulled up in front of my motel room at the Quality Inn, and started unloading. Two guys walked up to me and started looking at my bike, and some of the mods I've done to it and began to comment how much they liked it. As we talked, one said he had a new F6B Honda, and he had someone install an McCruise system. It had stopped working, and he had no clue how to troubleshoot it. He asked what mine was, and I said a Rostra, and told him I had installed several of them.

I assume there may be schematics and info included with an McCruise or that can be downloaded out there.

But, do we have any Guru's here on COG that may have their own install tips, schematics to intergrate one to a C14 or, even better, an F6B? I got the guy's phone number, and would like to help him troubleshoot it.

I'd like to see if it's similar or different than the Rostra, both in installation, and wiring.

Thanks.
Bob

Hey Brian, they now sell it with an electric servo. Pretty cool, but pricey at $1,085 AUD. That's $822.95 USD with today's exchange rate, and this doesn't include shipping or taxes.

Cool! I was not aware of that but just took a look. The new actuator is all electric (no vacuum) and can be adapted into their original systems, which is fantastic for those who already have a McCruise and have had a vacuum motor failure.

Yes, the McCruise is expensive, but it is also a very nice product. The Rostra kit, 'hacked' into a C-14 does not work as well, the controls do not look as nice, it takes more effort on the part of the installer (though the McCruise is not as plug 'n play as it might seem at first either and does take some fiddling to install on a C-14 also) but is less than $250. So this has always been the tough choice for C-14 owners.

Thanks for the info., I appreciate it and hopefully your post will help others out.

Brian

Bigfoot_16 said:
Hey Brian, they now sell it with an electric servo. Pretty cool, but pricey at $1,085 AUD. That's $822.95 USD with today's exchange rate, and this doesn't include shipping or taxes.

I appreciate the heads up as well (on the new electric servo actuator).  I went ahead and ordered one...It's hard for me to believe I've had my McCruise on the shelf for almost 18 months. :-\ 

I have had McCruise systems on more than one bike. As Brian already pointed out that not all bikes are as plug and play as others. The good news is that the C14 system was well designed, pretty much plug and play and worked flawlessly for me. Mine of course was the vacuum set up since it has been a few years now. Yes they are pricey. But the product and customer service is probably worth it to most folks who choose to spend the money. I personally can vouch for the customer service since they made a phone call from Australia to my home in New York when I had a question on a short time frame. I can't say that about many companies I have dealt with over the years. As such, I can't say enough about how much I appreciated the effort they put in for me.
  The products have been top notch. Well designed to be as plug and play as possible. I personally have not had an issue with their products on my bikes. If the need arose that I wanted to add a cruise on another bike. I would not think twice about spending the money yet again.
  Now the system for the FJR was also very good, but the throttle connection on that bike was more difficult to make compared to the C14. The C14 was a breeze. So in that respect, Brian is correct on the statement of some being more plug and play that others. But to be fair, you would have to make that connection with any cruise control addition to the FJR. And I would bet that the McCruise is still much more plug and play than other systems. Just my two cents. 

LOL.  I’d like to just say ”screw the search”. Don’t get the wrong meaning. Do not have a thing against being advised to use “search” or those who use it. I have never had any success with it. Operator error I am sure. So I don’t use it. After several attempts to get information and getting only “do a search” I no longer ask. But that’s just me I’m sure.

Ken said:
LOL.  I’d like to just say ”screw the search”. Don’t get the wrong meaning. Do not have a thing against being advised to use “search” or those who use it. I have never had any success with it. Operator error I am sure. So I don’t use it. After several attempts to get information and getting only “do a search” I no longer ask. But that’s just me I’m sure.

Search on most websites is just plain badly implemented. Better to use Google or your favorite search engine (I prefer DuckDuckGo because it doesn’t track you, and aggregates from other search engines).

To search a particular subject but limited to a specific website/domain, use the ”site:<domain>” qualifier.

For example, to find McCruise posts on COG, use this search:

Mccruise site:forum.cog-online.org

It’s much more effective than the site’s own search engine, especially so when doing more complex/specific searches (e.g. “mccrruise install -troubleshoot”, which would search for pages with both mccruise and install, but NOT “troubleshoot”)

Hope that helps someone.

connie_rider said:
"Hey",, everybody chill.

It appears that both of you got off on the wrong footing.

We've all {including me} made comments that stirred up an argument.
Sometimes what started that arguing, was a simple misunderstanding of what was typed.

How about, we get back to discussing Connie's?

I'll start; I don't have a McCruise, bukuz I'm too cheap/poor.
            Is it really worth installing?

Ride safe, Ted

Ted,

Thanks for your mature reply.  I took a break for several weeks from here to get away from the village idiots.  I wasn't going to come back, but I was encouraged by several members to stick it out, so I'm going to.  I have hope that this site can be an enjoyable forum for me.

To your point I'm liking it a lot.  Behaves just like a car cruise control.  Mine might need a small tweak in adjustment when it engages, for example, entering an upgrade there is an ever so slightly a soft jerk.  It's not bad just a small adjustment. 

Deepsea said:
Sorry but when an angry unknown adolescent comes storming in with "f*** it" and responds with "Idiot and Must have a reading compression problem" I take umbrage and will respond. He sounds like the typical bully who Demands everyone else bow down and pay homage to his superiority. Not going to happen.
Go back and read what you opened with.  You stepped in the ring and threw the first punch.  I threw back and you cried about it.  Deal with it. Move on if you don't like this thread.

Deepsea said:
Three whole pages. That's a pretty good cross section of information and should have answered your question.

"Has anyone installed the electronic McCruise Cruise Control?  How is it working out?"

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]But then you'd have to be able to comprehend the information for it to have any value. Or, maybe you are just one of those people who's "E[/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ntitled".[/font]

You've got too much time on your hands.

ConcoursKZ said:
A guy comes to this site. Wants to ask a question to build some camaraderie. Then the peanut gallery jump all over him. Amazing! I apologize for the blunt upfront nature opf the members. Sometimes I wonder if they just sit around waiting to blast a new guy about the search feature. Sorry I don't have cruise control on mine so I am of little help. But these guys have a lot of knowledge. I am sure you will get some advice.

By the way: Welcome to the site. Where are you located?

Thank you bro.  Ohio.  I'm 57 not an adolescent as another thought lol. 

COGnosticator said:
OP wasn't asking for advice.  He just wanted to know what experience people are having with their McCruise.

Welcome to the COG forum
Thanks COG.  And I like your avatar...

Bruce_Reafsnider_TN said:
I'm wondering why he's asking for others' experience and then 2 posts later he says he already has it installed and it's great.  Why not just give us a review of the thing?  Might have avoided some of the responses.

Because I don't tip toe on what I say.  If people are sensitive that's their problem.  I'm not going to own it.  Yes I just had it installed and the weather here got cold, so I couldn't ride initially to be able to give a review, and even if I did I  still would have started this thread to get others opinions who might have had it a few years. 

gsun said:
buh-bye!

I'm back.  And I'll take the high road on youu.

C14lvr said:
On a similar note...

Thanks.
Bob

Posts like this is all I was hoping for.  It's good to know if someone has had problems with their  McCruise.  As far as schematics I was sent quite a bit on it, and full disclosure I had someone install it.  I can do some things, but I didn't trust myself installing a Electro Servo unit where if I do something wrong and kill myself while on the road.  I put it in more capable hands.  For the short time I've been on this site I'm at 101 level compared to members on here who are expert mechanics.  It's been a bit humbling reading the advance knowledge that some have here but interesting reading the technical stuff that is posted.  Way over my head, but I'm learning stuff.

On a side note-- I have a nice Rostra cruise I installed on my C14.  I dont know why I did? I guess I thought I would use it.
I don't ..  I feel I have no use for it and will probably  never use it. I should have known better- I dont use cruise control  in cars  or trucks either.
I check to see if it still works and then turn it off..
Oh well.  It was a nice idea.

Thanks for the good replies.  Pricey yes, but I got tired of my right hand going numb after 30 to 50 miles, then evolving into pain. I want to be able to go cross country somewhere, but I don't want to suffer while doing it.  That's no good.  I figured if Kawasaki would have installed one from the factory then the price would have been about 1k more for the bike.  I paid 900ish.  It was money well spent for me so far, and as others posters mentioned their service is really good and responsive.  Totally willing to assist with the installation that my guy needed during the installation, and I was on the phone and email with them.  They went out of their way to help.  Good people.

Daytona_Mike said:
On a side note-- I have a nice Rostra cruise I installed on my C14.  I dont know why I did? I guess I thought I would use it.
I don't ..  I feel I have no use for it and will probably  never use it. I should have known better- I dont use cruise control  in cars  or trucks either.
I check to see if it still works and then turn it off..
Oh well.  It was a nice idea.

Now that's funny.  My reason was over hand numbness then evolving into pain.  When I go out I like to put up a 100.  50 miles is a teaser for me.  Obviously I don't use it on side roads and twisties, but when the numbness starts I have something to go to until the numbness goes away.

f you use the cruise a throttlemeister isalso nice.  Cruise for open road riding, throttle lock for a quick reprieve in between corners...

Bruce_Reafsnider_TN said:
f you use the cruise a throttlemeister isalso nice.  Cruise for open road riding, throttle lock for a quick reprieve in between corners...

This is how I roll.

I started with a Throttlemeister, took a 3500 mile trip from Oklahoma to Springdale, Utah and back.
Like Bruce said, they work fine for certain circumstances. But, on a long trip like this, and riding with a group of other riders who had Rostra's... it sucked. It actually became a lot of work and a huge pita.
First thing I did when I got home was order up a Rostra system.
But having them both works well. Sometimes you need to keep the throttle going but need to free up your right hand for a minute. Setting a CC doesn't work as fast or as well.

Cruise controls... it all depends on how ya ride, and where you ride, and for how long you ride.
As for me... it's an important option because of the long trips I take, the large amount of turnpike miles I ride to get there, and having rheumatoid arthritus. Compare that to guys who mostly ride track, or ride 50 miles or less jaunts, or live in areas like Tenn. or SC, where every 10' is a 90 degree curve...
or lucky guys who don't have to put up with 'ole Uncle Arthur... I can see why they wouldn't need one.

The MC Cruise looks to be an awesome setup that's easier to install on a C14.
It was the price that drove me to the Rostra, at 1/3rd the cost.

Bob

I have a McCruise Control unit that I installed.  It was one of the very first things I did to my bike after purchasing it.
I googled it and my post (on this forum) came up very near the top.

Here it is. http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c14/how-i-installed-a-mccruise-control-unit/

Now a review of it goes like this - It's awesome!!!!.
I did do some adjustments to tweak it and get it as close to perfect as possible.

When going up a fairly steep hill it will lose 1 mph (or 2 mph if really steep) but while going UPHILL it will return to the set speed.
Traveling on fairly flat terrain (which almost always has some ups and downs) it does not vary in speed and holds it rock steady.
If I want to go 3 mph faster I hit the set button 3 times and it will increase the speed slowly to 3 mph faster as to not over shoot it.
In the same way it will reduce speed with multiple taps of a button.  By the way it will engage at 22mph - good for school zones.
If the cruise is on when the bike shuts off it will be on when the bike starts again. This is how I keep it set.  When I start out the
cruise is on and I don't have to touch anything on the control unit - but it won't work until a brake is touched - so I pull the front
brake lever then the cruise is ready and will engage when I tap the SET button.
Another feature is if you were traveling and lets say you went to a Rest Area and shut the bike off.  When you started out
again you could hit resume (after shifting to 6th gear) and it would resume to the last set speed. Pretty cool in my book.

All in all it works better than the cruise controls in my 4 wheel vehicles.  What more can one ask for, as those work pretty well too.

Now as far as the install goes I have installed a Rostra (on a different bike) and being colorblind it was a nightmare,
not to mention wire cutting and bracket bending etc which is not needed on a McCruise install.
But I had no problems with installing the McCruise.  It's not rocket science, so I wouldn't let anyone else work on my bike
as no one will care for it like I will.

And the last thing is the tech support (for a McCruise) is what all companies should strive for!

This seems to have been dead for a year or so, but I have an interesting take on the McCruise system. I bought my 09 Concours in April 2017 and it was already installed. Went on a couple trips and even riding around town it worked great. Definitely a plus to have on a bike for long distance rides. However, coming from the sport bike world as I did, it didn't seem worth it to get this big bike out of the garage and down the driveway for a short ride around town or to go run some errands, so it sat in the garage mostly ignored after August/September last year. I went to the garage one day and needed to do some rearranging, and my battery was dead. I was able to put a tender on it and get it started again, but ever since that happened the cruise control system hasn't been working. The indicator light will turn on when I activate it, and the light will change color when I hit the button to set the speed, but if I release the throttle, the bike will slow down without any interference from the cruise control system.

I have not done any troubleshooting yet, as I don't ride it that much, but I have been keeping the battery charged now, and it gets moved around every now and then. I have sent an email to the company asking for their help on troubleshooting before I read through this entire thread and left my reply.

OP - I gnash my teeth when someone tells a member to "go fish"

That said, I have MC Cruise on my C14, and have owned several bikes with factory cruise control. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being comparing to a factory cruise control, I'd give the MC Cruise an 8. It's great, but it is not as slick as the factory cruise control systems found on say the FJR or BMW's. I find it has just a bit of lag when setting, whereas the factory units are hit the button and boom! Other than that and better aesthetics of a factory unit  I have no complaints.     

Lemon said:
This seems to have been dead for a year or so, but I have an interesting take on the McCruise system. I bought my 09 Concours in April 2017 and it was already installed. Went on a couple trips and even riding around town it worked great. Definitely a plus to have on a bike for long distance rides. However, coming from the sport bike world as I did, it didn't seem worth it to get this big bike out of the garage and down the driveway for a short ride around town or to go run some errands, so it sat in the garage mostly ignored after August/September last year. I went to the garage one day and needed to do some rearranging, and my battery was dead. I was able to put a tender on it and get it started again, but ever since that happened the cruise control system hasn't been working. The indicator light will turn on when I activate it, and the light will change color when I hit the button to set the speed, but if I release the throttle, the bike will slow down without any interference from the cruise control system.

I have not done any troubleshooting yet, as I don't ride it that much, but I have been keeping the battery charged now, and it gets moved around every now and then. I have sent an email to the company asking for their help on troubleshooting before I read through this entire thread and left my reply.
Another member that I personally know, reached out to them when his quit working and they asked him to ship it to them and fixed it and returned for free. His was already out of warranty and they still didn’t charge him. They seem to be great to work with.

Mabupa said:
Lemon said:

Another member that I personally know, reached out to them when his quit working and they asked him to ship it to them and fixed it and returned for free. His was already out of warranty and they still didn’t charge him. They seem to be great to work with.

It's little stories like this that sometimes make me think I would have been better off just buying a bike with factory cruise as opposed to spending $1,500 on aftermarket CC.

Certainly far less than many reflexively suggest...that's a fact. Been riding for over 35 years, several BMW's and no problems.

I get your point however, and it's a good observation. Don't get me wrong, I like the MC Cruise, it's just not as slick functionally as an OEM does it.

I mostly agree with the post above that gives the McCruise an 8 out of 10 score. Personally, I'd say its more like a 7 or 7.5 out of 10. I got it primarily for highway use and it works great in that setting, but around town doing anything under ~40mph...well it leaves a little bit to be desired.

My first test drive after the initial installation had me shaking my head the whole way back to the garage :mad: Tony at McCruise tried calling me to figure out why it wouldn't hold rock steady at lower speeds, but we never could get a good phone connection. Multiple emails later, I got it tuned as well as its going to get. Horsed around with the settings for a few days to see if the low speed performance could be improved. We never did agree on the settings, so my old time mechanic assistant and I decided that the performance was good enough and gave up on emailing him any further.

Now don't get me wrong, it works pretty well all things considered. Not having to butcher any wiring was almost worth the price alone.  I don't regret buying it and it is within the specs that are stated in the owners manual, but don't expect it to function exactly like a factory cruise control.

I have installad an McCruise System and absolutely LOVE it! Previously I had used a throttlemeister throttle lock and was really worried this would not be 1k worth of an upgrade. It was all that and a bag of chips. Sometimes I have a tendency to gradually speed up and the smooth running connie does not betray the speed traveled as much as other bikes. Needless to say the McCruise has kept me from more than one "Performance Awards". On another note Bob. McCruise phone number is 61 3 9808 2804 and they were really responsive and helpful for me doing my instal and set up. I imagine any calling with an issue would receive the same exceptional troubleshooting I did.

kris said:
I mostly agree with the post above that gives the McCruise an 8 out of 10 score. Personally, I'd say its more like a 7 or 7.5 out of 10. I got it primarily for highway use and it works great in that setting, but around town doing anything under ~40mph...well it leaves a little bit to be desired.

My first test drive after the initial installation had me shaking my head the whole way back to the garage :mad: Tony at McCruise tried calling me to figure out why it wouldn't hold rock steady at lower speeds, but we never could get a good phone connection. Multiple emails later, I got it tuned as well as its going to get. Horsed around with the settings for a few days to see if the low speed performance could be improved. We never did agree on the settings, so my old time mechanic assistant and I decided that the performance was good enough and gave up on emailing him any further.

Exactly. a factory system with throttle by wire is perfection. That's where my expectations were for the mccruise, and it just isn't all the way to that level, which in most cases is fine. However, when you've had factory cruise control it sets an expectation the mccruise can't quite live up to. 

Now don't get me wrong, it works pretty well all things considered. Not having to butcher any wiring was almost worth the price alone.  I don't regret buying it and it is within the specs that are stated in the owners manual, but don't expect it to function exactly like a factory cruise control.

Please answer post #49

Do you have the vacuum  unit or the electronic system??????????????????

I'll say it again, having had cruise control on my '99.  I liked it but for a quick relief (like resting your hands in a twisty bit) I really wished for a throttle lock.  They compliment each other quite nicely.  I imaging for the city/slower riding, the throttle lock would work better than a full-on cruise control setup.

Jacquelyn said:
Certainly far less than many reflexively suggest...that's a fact. Been riding for over 35 years, several BMW's and no problems.

I get your point however, and it's a good observation. Don't get me wrong, I like the MC Cruise, it's just not as slick functionally as an OEM does it.

I'm going to assume you never got the owners manuals for the McCruise unit on your bike.

The only reason it isn't working like a OEM is that it was never fine tuned IMO.
The rate that it engages is adjustable as are many other parameters.  But the manual is very detailed in how to adjust the
unit to be as close to perfect as possible.  But it does take some time and patience to read and adjust as necessary.
Without the manuals your not going to get too far.

When I sent an email to the Company with my phone number they called me back on their dime and we talk for some time.

My McCruise stopped working once and I sent it to them and they found a broken wire inside the servo.  They replaced all the wires
with high temp wires and re-soldered it - then sent it back no charge, even though it was just out of warranty.

I went with McCruise because I liked the high degree of 'plug-n-play' and had no desire to cut/splice wires possibly turning my '14 into a nice looking brick. When I had problems with initial calibration, support was excellent. Tony called me from Australia...we even did a FaceTime session so he could see the setup.

I just got back from a ride to Nevada and my opinion is...

Worth. Every. Penny.

Ride Safe!

Mike

I have had a McCruise system on 2 different bikes now, my old FJR and my C-14.  It is an EXCELLENTLY designed product, the install instructions are top notch.
What drew me to the McCruise as opposed to the Rostra was the cable interface unit they use,  on a Rostra or other Aftermarket system, you have to attach a pull cable to the throttle in order for it to actuate the throttle and maintain speed,  and while it is rare, i have read stories of having those chains get stuck and stick the throttle in an open (Sometimes wide open) situation,  this can be dangerous IMHO especially in a curve etc.

Now a properly installed Rostra will likely never have this issue but I didn't want to chance it so I went with the McCruise,  my unit is the older one with the Vacuum actuator and I have only had one issue with it where it stopped working,  it lit up and said it was set but would not maintain speed.

I contacted McCruise and even though mine was 7 years old at the time, they still responded with exactly what the issue was (apparently it's a common fault with the vacuum units where the O Rings wear) and exactly how to fix it (Step by step)

while it is pricey, you get what you pay for and IMHO this system is worth every penny