• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mean Streak/Vulcan

Yes...it is a different "sporty" style of the Vulcan cruisers. Rode a 1600 once..it was pretty sweet.

Yup, 1600 or 1500 with a sportier vibe (came in both flavors).  Different cams, gearing, wheel base, and other stuff I don't know about.  It falls short on power to the vmax, but most reviews agree it is sportier to ride and in turns. 

I have never read or heard that they are less reliable than their basic counterparts.  More revs on the open roads, more fun in twists and in town.

or better yet.....get the V2K!!!!  now that is cruiser excitement...i test drove one once...looked down and realized we were doing...well...over the speed limit.... :p

The Vulcan line of Kawasaki motorcycles is like the Star line of Yamaha, or Boulevard line from Suzuki. They made/make all different size and types of Vulcan's. From smaller cruisers to all out full tour bikes (the newest Voyager). The Mean Streak (as already stated) was the most sporty of the Vulcan line. Although it came in a 1500/1600CC variations. It wasn't the most powerful or biggest  V twin out there. What they were were sport cruisers. They have better brakes than the average cruiser (supposedly basically the same front brakes as the ZX9). The Mean Streak has 43mm inverted forks. It is set up in a much more sporting feel than a typical cruise.
  Because of this, the Mean Streak (like the Warrior and VTX) would handle much better than your average Cruiser. The mean Streak also came with a custom look from the factory. Yes it could be dressed up more yet. But it looked great right from the factory. (well except for the lightning bolt that came on the tank.) It came with really nice polished aluminum wheels that are sought out by a lot of C10 owners.
  I have owned a Mean Streak for quite a long time now. She has been a really great bike. She has really never given me any trouble over the years at all. Other than basic maintenance, she has been a great dependable bike over the years. But I will admit that she still has less than 30,000 miles on her for a 2003.
    I would recommend one to anyone who likes a sporty ride, as well as the cruiser experience at times as well. Anyone who has ever ridden with me when I was on her, could probably attest. The cruiser will run right along with the Concours with in reason. No it's not a race bike. But it's a very nice dependable bike. That both rides slower touring paces when wanted. As well as sports in the twisties pretty darn well. Although it doesn't get the mileage that I normally put on the sport tours.  I've had mine for quite a while and have ridden it fairly often every year since. That should say something.  ;)