• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Meanstreak rear and PR4Gt

bobct

Well my Avon 160 70 17 ran out of meaningful tread after 6k miles. Just put on the 170 60 17 PR4GT today. Was a little worried that the shorter tire would leave me with a too long side stand. It didn't change by much so I'm good to go.

The Dunlop Roadsmart 3 comes in a 18 front if you have not done the front mod yet. I have been running the 2's and now the 3's since I did the 17 inch conversion 3 years ago. I get 11k out of a rear. Front could go longer but I change both at the same time.  Great all weather tire. Very sticky leaned over. I run the 170 as well.

Bob_C_CT said:
... Just put on the 170 60 17 PR4GT today. Was a little worried that the shorter tire would leave me with a too long side stand. It didn't change by much so I'm good to go.

This is the tire I run on my Meanstreak conversion as well.  I got nearly 15k out of a B-spec PR3 and around 16k (plus or minus a couple hundred miles) out of the PR4-GTs.  Note that none of these were bald / showing cords when replaced.

Were you using B-spec PR3's?  My understanding is that they are constructed for heavier bikes and using the non B-spec tire on a heavier bike would get poorer mileage.