• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Measurement for riding gear

lhartman

Mini Bike
So far I have been batting a 1000 on ordering the wrong size gear and having to send it back; it's always too small.  I'm looking at buying a set of textile pants, but am unsure of what size to order.  I'm a 34-36 waist, so should I order a 38 waist riding pant since I'm wearing them over jeans?  I'm not into the Dwight Yoakam look and want them to fit comfortably.  What are your experiences?

Thanks,

Loren

Joe Rocket or Xelement.  Don't have the funds for higher end gear right now....  been buying cribs, high chairs, swings, diapers, clothes, toys, playpens, etc., for the grandbaby  :great:

Gumby said:
Not sure where you are in the NW, but if your anywhere near St. Helens this would be worth checking out. Smokin deal....

Jay sent me this link the other day, he is a Craigslist/eBay $#U&

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clo/5226821973.html

I'm on the east side of the state.  Not much around here.  I have checked Spokane and all I can find is leather.  I did find one shop that had textile pants, but they were extremely expensive. 

You might try Motorcyclegear.com.  I find that they do a really good job of checking fit for various riding gear.  I have bought a lot of my gear thru them.  I am the "big and tall" type, and most motorcycle shops don't carry stuff in my size, so going to a shop to try stuff on isn't an option.  I find the folks at Motorcyclegear.com to be very helpful.  If you have any doubt, call them on the phone, and they will help you find the right size. 

LHartman said:
Joe Rocket or Xelement. 

Hmmm, sorry buddy, I haven't had either of those, so not sure...  ???

I do know that Klim runs big and Alpinestars runs small IMO, I wear a medium for my Klim jacket, but a large for my Alpinestars jacket.

Good luck with the gear hunt LH!  :beerchug:

You must be a lil ity bity guy  ;)

I'll call the manufacturers when I make a decision.  Perhaps I should wait until spring since the riding season is coming to an end here.  That'll give the MC fund time to rebound as well.  Appreciate the input guys.

I wear a 36 in loose fit levis.....my olympia stuff is 38. I use revzilla as they always have taken stuff back and restocked with no charge and got me the right size if I needed to exchange.

LHartman said:
So far I have been batting a 1000 on ordering the wrong size gear and having to send it back; it's always too small.  I'm looking at buying a set of textile pants, but am unsure of what size to order.  I'm a 34-36 waist, so should I order a 38 waist riding pant since I'm wearing them over jeans?  I'm not into the Dwight Yoakam look and want them to fit comfortably.  What are your experiences?

Thanks,

Loren

I use the xelement riding jacket in size 2xl because I am 6'4". I have a 33" waist and have xelement leather pants which are size 36" waist and long enough to trim on the legs if needed. They fit me fine. The leather pants also come with snaps on each side of the pants waist so I can wear them by themselves or I can wear them over jeans, just by adjusting the snaps on each side of the waist. the textile pants come in the same leather sizes. I like full leather pants with textile armoured jackets. In the cold I can put my leather vest on over the textile jacket with the liner in and the blue jeans under the leather pants.
  You need 2" extra in the waist to go over jeans comfortably wether they are leather or textile.

LHartman is cool  :great: :great: :great:

Although I'm a 42 waist, my Firstgear HT overpants are a size 44, which makes them a tish on the baggy side without the liner  but I'm fine with it, there is more than enough adjustability in the velcro to get the knee armor just right when seated on the bike. Makes them easier to put on too. When the liner pant is in, they feel fine to the point that a 42 may have been too snug. The leg length is a bit long but again, not an issue.

They came from Motorcyclegear.com.

I'll probably shoot for a 38 then.  I wear a 34 Levis, but my uniforms are 36.  If it's loose in the waist, that's what they make belts for.  I need some extra protection since it's getting cold here in the mornings already. 

I'd recommend suspenders (or braces) rather than a belt on the riding pants.  Less of a cinch around the waist.

Hi,
      If you order MOTOPORT from Wayne,  it's custom! ;D

Attachments

• CAFE RACER (4).JPG
    CAFE RACER (4).JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 102
Thud300 said:
There's probably velcro on the waistband for adjustment.

That's what I'm looking for presently.  I have to make the move soon... 39 degrees this morning. 

I would love a custom set, but would be hesitant to do it as I'm on a diet.  :mad:

Suspenders?  That's a possibility if I order larger.

Thanks guys.

LHartman said:
Thud300 said:
There's probably velcro on the waistband for adjustment.

That's what I'm looking for presently.  I have to make the move soon... 39 degrees this morning. 

I would love a custom set, but would be hesitant to do it as I'm on a diet.  :mad:

Suspenders?  That's a possibility if I order larger.

Thanks guys.

double edged sword.... I got my stich during a large period, and ordered accordingly to fit over layers, and even electrics... currently being over 60 lbs lighter, they are comfortable, and the loosness is a desired thing... you aint in a fashion show... loose fit means comfort, and also air space, both fro heat retention, and cooling airflow when all the vents are open... just dont look in the mirror... Aero sent me the closest off shelf equivelent sizes, and I tried it on, and made notes as to relocation of hard pads, and desires... when I got my custom fit stich, it was a bit loose, or so I thought, but after 12 years, and weight changes, I say it is fine... good luck on finding gear you'd wear for ovwr a decade, and be happy with... when its all over and done with, you will spend that cheaper gear price over and over, and over again... $900 over 12 years... no brainer foe me... hell, I give old tires away with usable tread, but I wont scrimp on my Stich :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Appreciate all the input here guys.

MOB, I'm a married man and $900 bones will send her over the edge.  I'd have to buy her something of equal or more value...... and that's not likely to happen soon; however, on a brighter note, she is happy with her matching MC jacket.  Yes, she insisted we match  ::)  Yes, she wears the pants  :-[ 

delling3 said:
You might try Motorcyclegear.com.  I find that they do a really good job of checking fit for various riding gear.  I have bought a lot of my gear thru them.  I am the "big and tall" type, and most motorcycle shops don't carry stuff in my size, so going to a shop to try stuff on isn't an option.  I find the folks at Motorcyclegear.com to be very helpful.  If you have any doubt, call them on the phone, and they will help you find the right size.
x2 for motorcyclegear.com.  They do a GREAT job of putting in their two cents on each item (if they carry it)
Before I buy ANYTHING moto related I go to MG first, then revzilla to see if they have a video demonstration on it.

Found out about a pocket on a jacket that I own that I never knew about after re-watching a revzilla video!

MAN OF BLUES said:
good luck on finding gear you'd wear for ovwr a decade, and be happy with... when its all over and done with, you will spend that cheaper gear price over and over, and over again... $900 over 12 years... no brainer foe me... hell, I give old tires away with usable tread, but I wont scrimp on my Stich

:iagree: :goodpost: :great: :beerchug: