• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michelin Commander and what?

cjweaver13

Tricycle
I am tire hunting and have combed through multiple threads and called 5 shops and feel I am nowhere.

#1 How many of you are running biased ply anywhere on the bike and how are they (might need to do this with low choice of tires under $300)
#2 I like the Michelin commander for the rear, but what pairs up good in the front either in the 120 or 110 width?

Thanks as always.

PS. Any other suggestions are great, just trying to stay below $300 for tires. 

I am running a Michelin Pilot Activ in 110/80/18 in the front with my Commander II rear. I am happy with the combination.

I ran the Avon AM-26 bias ply tires for years with very good results. And they are always available in stock C-10 sizes.

I’m currently running a Bridgestone T-30 front in
110-80 size with a Shinko 230 rear 150-80.
The previous 4 years I ran a Shinko 777 rear and
wanted to try something different. So far I’m pleased
with the combo.
I average about 12K miles per set.
Not bad for a set of tires that cost less than $200 delivered.

works4me said:
I’m currently running a Bridgestone T-30 front in
110-80 size with a Shinko 230 rear 150-80.
The previous 4 years I ran a Shinko 777 rear and
wanted to try something different. So far I’m pleased
with the combo.
I average about 12K miles per set.
Not bad for a set of tires that cost less than $200 delivered.

Nice I actually found someplace with these in stock and the Bridges have both 110 and 120. Which do you think would be better for this setup

I prefer the handling with the 110.
Makes the bike feel like a motorcycle
and not a truck.
And I prefer the feedback of a radial
front over a bias.

My last set before I sold the C-10 was a BT-045 on the front in 110 size with a Michelling Commander II in the back.