• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michelin Pilot GT (or Road GT) for 17inch converted C10? Fitment?

starwars1138

Hey all,

Previous owner did the meanstreak 17inch conversion for the rear and the ZR7 wheel on the front. I'm shopping for tires. Any fitment issues with the Michelin Road GT models (which I think used to be called the Pilot GT tire)? I'm not a canyon carver by any means - would like decent performance with good longevity.

I know the whole point of going with the 17inch conversion is to broaden choices tire wise. Just wanted to make sure before I popped for fresh tires. Running Bridgestone Battlax on it now (were on the bike when I got it).

Would prefer to avoid the debate on whether or not I should go with the stickiest tire available to be the safest possible in an emergency.

Thanks in advance!