• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michellin commander 2 or Avon Spirit st

capitaleno

Training Wheels
I am in need of a new rear tire 150/80x16 and was looking for people opinions on this tire.  I am not an aggressive rider so don't required grip at the edge of the tire.  I do ride when it rains so wet traction would be great and a decent life will be nice.  I currently have Avon Azaro st which work great.  I am open to any other tire people found to be a good value.

thanks,
Alex 

Load Ratings:

Michelin Commander II - 77
Avon Spirit ST - 71

FYI, I use a Commander for the second time on the rear.

Having has a commander II on my C10, I would say stay with the Axarro, or go to the 3D X-m on that size.
I had several instances where the Commander spun easily with moisture. Not just rain, but dew on a white line caused me to pucker once whne not going very fast.
Great grip in the dry, but horrible in the wet.
I removed it with about 50% life left.