• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michigan - AMA Pro Hill Climb in West Branch - Noon on Sunday Jul 19

talcon

prohillclimb.png

Join us in West Branch, MI on Sunday, July 19th, 2015, for the AMA Pro Hill Climb event, part of Ogemaw Hills Bike Week.  The race starts at Noon, and we are meeting for lunch at the McDonalds across the highway at 10:30am.  Admission at the gate is $15 for adults.

The event is at Bunting Sand & Gravel at exit 212 off I-75.  You really can't miss the hill from there!

I suggest bringing a folding chair to sit in, an umbrella (for sun and/or rain), and some water to stay hydrated.

About the Hill Climb
AMA Pro Hillclimb is a competition of man and machine versus the hill. Each rider gets 2 runs on a steep hill, often with jumps, breakers, and or turns, that is scored by time or distance. The hills have varying degrees of slope from about 45 degrees to almost vertical. The better of the 2 runs is to be used as the final score and ranked by the fastest time or furthest distance. The Series is comprised three distinct Classes – Pro Sport Class, Xtreme Class, and Unlimited Class. The Xtreme Class and Unlimited Class feature sport bike motors and or Harley Davidson, BSA or Triumph motors powered by alcohol/methanol, nitrous oxide, or nitro methane.

Linky:  http://www.ogemawhillsbikeweek.com/prohillclimb.htm

Seems to me we meet at 10:00am, 2 years ago at McDonald's on east
side of I-75. Event is on west side of I-75, you can see it from E-Way.

You want to meet for a little lunch first?  (I don't even remember that Richard!).  Pretty much every fast food joint is across the highway from this event.

Let's say the McDonalds there at 10am?!?!  Sound good to everybody?

okay everybody:  10:30AM - meet at the McDonalds at that exit.  :)

I saved a few bucks by buying the ticket online - already got it in the mail (it might be too late to do that now?). 
So I'm definitely going to be there!  Hope to see you all there!

Richard - you know I'll spring for something off the dollar menu for you!  :D

If you guys are planning on coming, I might suggest bringing a folding chair to sit in, as well as an umbrella (for sun and/or rain) and some water :)

I already have my ticket - so see you all there!

talcon said:
If you guys are planning on coming, I might suggest bringing  >>>SNIP<<<  some water :)

It's looking as though nature will provide the water from above... :-\

DeansZG said:
It's looking as though nature will provide the water from above... :-\

Okay... is this coming from my friend that makes all the cracks about fair-weather riders?  :nananana:

And... are you looking at the weather for Detroit?  or for West Branch?  :-[ 

So far only 20% chance up there.. pretty good odds I'd say!

Am I on glue?  Or did the weather forecast just change from chance of rain to PERFECT!!!!  Woohoo!!  :-\  :great:  :motonoises:

Great time at the Hill Climb!!! Thanks for coming!  I Love the smell of Nitro-Methane in the morning!

JoKMDRBkQmi5pQvQQXno63FOd1z4K-sv9ISRpRHobAY=w1116-h837-no

pYhJ_A7nQ7ayyOo_lHsVnBd_HW--MekUVPjjFgWZ8r0=w1116-h837-no

SkWdvIlDrn3tYiCCrgPouTXTtla3q_kVYUEYRUMPrmc=w1116-h837-no

d5b59XLLooHztddvynsvuhDhQ-ViONNpqjz_LzuoEKg=w1116-h837-no

Where can i get information on the guy in the first picture with the blue Concours? I think he lived near West Branch, I am the guy on the other blue Concours.

Bob said:
Where can i get information on the guy in the first picture with the blue Concours? I think he lived near West Branch, I am the guy on the other blue Concours.

Hi Bob - his name's Tim Dunbar - he goes by Hemicuda on the forum here (see up top).  How've you been?  Do you remember me?  I had the beige Connie there.  Interested in going to breakfast tomorrow in Lansing?  :) 

Here's the link:  http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=64365.0