• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mid FLA RTE, Last Minute, on a Sunday

SteveJ

Edit to add:  All are welcome, COG or not. I usually remember to post that somewhere in the text, my bad. Anyhow, all are still welcome.  :great:

Hokay then. Seein's how we will be having an out of town dignitary in for the FLA tech session on Saturday(barring full Delta flights on Friday), we thought it only fitting to have an RTE in his honor. All celebrities, while scheduled to attend, may not.  ;) Not my fault.  :nananana:

This will be held at Gator Joe's in Oklawaha.

http://www.gatorjoesocala.com/

Date will be Sunday, April 6th

Addy is
12431 Southeast 135th Avenue
Oklawaha, FL
(352) 288-3100

Meet up time about 11 in their parking lot. Figure on sitting down about 11:30.

If you've never been there before, spend some time on their website. Cool place with plenty of Motorcycle only parking.  :great:

Good chow, including some southern delicacies.

An RSVP, though not required, would be most appreciated. It helps the venue be more efficient in their handling of us. Please post up here, or shoot me a PM if you're bashful.

Thanks, SteveJ.

Well heyal. I'm gonna be goin rite past thar.  Cept it'll be on Saturday - after Steve's wrench fest, on my way to Jax.  ::)

Paulie, ride back down for lunch on Sunday  :great:

I am registered, only one so far, don't make me eat alone  :nananana:

darn, I feel a bad headache ..or a sore throat ...or a ??? coming on..cough cough
think I might be sick next weekend......

Jo said:
darn, I feel a bad headache ..or a sore throat ...or a ??? coming on..cough cough
Yup. We have a two-fer next weekend.

Good luck with that malady you have coming on.  :rotflmao:

Jo said:

Tell them you have anal glaucoma  :great:  You can't see your arse coming in to work  ;D

COGnosticat0r said:
Jo said:

Tell them you have anal glaucoma  :great:  You can't see your arse coming in to work  ;D

Or you could call in well. Tell them you feel too good to spend the day at work.  ;)

This for COG members only?

Taking a ride this weekend to make sure the C14 is ready for the mountains the last of this month, the post appears for COG members ???

Looks like I am going to wimp out on this one.  :(  80% rain where I am and just not up for a rain ride.  If the weather changes I will be there.

Ranger Jim said:
It's open to all. Just be prepared for the recruiting.  :great:
No hard sell from me. Things speak for themselves.

1warlock, and other non'COGgers are most welcome. 

I usually post that in the text somewhere, this time I forgot. Oops!
It's fixt now.

In fact, thinking about it, there are some cool folks over at the Tampa Sport Bike forum I had best inform. Had a fine time with them at Kamping in the Keys.

Okay...okay...  I'm in!  Nom nom nom!!!  Gonna have my fair share of saddle time this weekend!  :motonoises:

Mcfly said:
Okay...okay...  I'm in!  Nom nom nom!!!  Gonna have my fair share of saddle time this weekend!  :motonoises:

And those are some really excellent roads coming from Melbourne. ;)

You could bring camping gear and spend the night.  :rotflmao:

SteveJ. said:

Great idea!! Rake your front lawn for me Steve...  I don't like rocks under the tent!!    :)

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:

Great idea!! Rake your front lawn for me Steve...  I don't like rocks under the tent!!    :)

Just have enough beers, the rocks will vanish.  :rotflmao:

SteveJ. said:
Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:

Just have enough beers, the rocks will vanish.  :rotflmao:

Camping AND all the beer I can drink!?  :wee_hee:

:singing:

This is gonna be the best RTE EVER!!!

damn...sad thing is i have not even ridden since the last gator joes RTE  :truce: , and i am fighting a stupid head cold now, so the wrench session will be my limit this weekend  :(

turbo-max said:
damn...sad thing is i have not even ridden since the last gator joes RTE  :truce: , and i am fighting a stupid head cold now, so the wrench session will be my limit this weekend  :(
I know the feeling, I had to blow off the Citrus County cruise cuz of a really nasty cold.

See ya Jeff, SteveJ.

Edit to add: PS, I'll have another rear tire for burning purposes in the not too distant future.

Gator Joes looks like a hoot.  No blow up dolls on airboats......but you can't have everything :mad:  I is lookin forward to this a boatload :)

SteveJ. said:
turbo-max said:
I know the feeling, I had to blow off the Citrus County cruise cuz of a really nasty cold.

See ya Jeff, SteveJ.

Edit to add: PS, I'll have another rear tire for burning purposes in the not too distant future.

awesome on the tire deal!!!  :motonoises:

2fast said:
Gator Joes looks like a hoot.  No blow up dolls on airboats......but you can't have everything :mad:  I is lookin forward to this a boatload :)
I'm headed out to do a bit of beer shopping for ya.

SteveJ. said:
2fast said:
I'm headed out to do a bit of beer shopping for ya.

Mission accomplished. Are you in town yet?

Had to work late on top of working when I was supposed to be wrenching...  :mad:

No Headlamp upgrade tonight...  I WILL be in the saddle at 8am tomorrow, seeking out
the roads that have a turn in them to get me some LUNCH!

Wifey hinted a seat upgrade for my Birthday MAY be in the cards...  I love that girl!!!    :dance:

Mcfly said:
Had to work late on top of working when I was supposed to be wrenching...  :mad:

No Headlamp upgrade tonight...  I WILL be in the saddle at 8am tomorrow, seeking out
the roads that have a turn in them to get me some LUNCH!

Wifey hinted a seat upgrade for my Birthday MAY be in the cards...  I love that girl!!!    :dance:

Happy B-day.

Pretty good turnout for this. COGgers and non-COGgers alike. The weather was excellent! Thanks, Steve, for setting this up!

Great seeing everyone!  Met a few new folks as well (bonus!)  Took a couple of 'detours'
on the way home, found some nice riding, albiet warm, but still nice!!!

Thanks SteveJ. for gettin' me out on the road!! (again!)  :great:

Y'all are most welcome.

It was cool having our out of town visiting dignitary, Brian Snowberg, the North Central AD in attendance. It would have been nicer had he bought lunch.  ;) >:D :))

Had a little bonus with the Tampa Bay Sport Bike folks there. Good to see them, also. one (or more?) of 'em is looking to come up to Johnson City. Good folks.

Steve...I know you responded over on TSB, but thanks again for thinking of us. And yes, I'm trying to convince a few of the guys to pack the tents and head to Johnson City this summer.

Also let us know if you guys set something up for Cedar Key area.

lampshade221 said:
Steve...I know you responded over on TSB, but thanks again for thinking of us. And yes, I'm trying to convince a few of the guys to pack the tents and head to Johnson City this summer.

Also let us know if you guys set something up for Cedar Key area.

Welcome to our little slice of the inter web.

Will do on the Cedar Key dealio.

As far as Johnson City, there are lodging options. Some of us(I and two other Florida Steve's, for sure) are staying at the Super8, about a block or two away. Rooms are about $55/night for two beds with an AARP card(20%off). Rooms at Rally Central(Holiday Inn) are long gone.