• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mid Floriduh Christmas Cookout, 12-15

SteveJ

We have another mid-Flowriduh event for y'all to squeeze into your calendar. Calendar link:

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=174694&mo=12&tDate={d%20%272012-12-08%27}

Mike Schmidt has just re-joined COG. To celebrate, he and his wife Rosanne have been kind enough to host a backyard cook out. How cool is that?

Please do be kind enough to pre-register or let either Mike or me know that you and a number of guests will be attending.

This event is open to all, COGgers, COG wannabe's, and other folks inclined toward meeting up.

There will be an opportunity for folks wanting to try out a COG one year membership with a money back guarantee to sign up on site.

This is what it's all about. :great:

There will be a hat passed around to help with the expense.

Hope to see y'all there.

Roseanne, Mike, and Steve

This is great of Mike and Roseanne to open up their yard and house to COG, and I'm please to see Mike involved with COG again. We've all missed seeing you Mike. You've been around COG for a long time, and you're both good folks.
Anyone north of the Florida border who would like to take in this event, but might not want to head home right after, there's always a place to stay in Inverness for the night.        Al

IronButtAl said:
This is great of Mike and Roseanne to open up their yard and house to COG, and I'm please to see Mike involved with COG again. We've all missed seeing you Mike. You've been around COG for a long time, and you're both good folks.
Anyone north of the Florida border who would like to take in this event, but might not want to head home right after, there's always a place to stay in Inverness for the night.        Al
Al, you gonna have some left overs from the(shameless plug) Citrus County Cruise?  :rotflmao: :beerchug:

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,38375.0.html

Would if I could but.....they've known me for 10+ yrs and know I have no local family.

Everyone that wants to go..BE SURE to REGISTER!!!

All that Iron from your Butt has gone to your head and you can't think  :)) How about good friends good food good times and Beer Brats and  >:D

Snake, I already used that line for the CCCC. I'll wait for your silver tongue to come up with something else.        Al

IronButtAl said:
I think just the BEER would do it. I know how the SE members roll.        Al
Speking of...latest addition to the fridge:

images

OK folks, just got back from a trip to PA. Had to help welcome grandbaby #2 into the world. I brought back a case of my favorite hot dogs and some authentic UTZ potato chips. Y'all will like them. (I hope I can save them that long)

Not too many signed up yet! Don't be bashful. Yes I know, a bashful Cogger? Not too many of them. Anyway, we're looking forward to this. Get the day on your calendar and take a break from all the holiday retail hype and relax with good food and friends.

Well, congrats on #2, grandbabies are the best. Sounds like you have the "health food" covered.  :great:

I'm trying NOT to sound like a broken record...  Though I would love
to attend this RTE, it is being held on a Saturday, so I must once again,
humbly decline.  The holiday season rarely gives up any day off, other than
Sunday.

Enjoy everyone!  :beerchug:

I know all of the SECOG riders aren't real good about registering for an event, but Mike is looking for an accurate head count to get the food list down. Please give some consideration as to if you'll be able to attend this cook out , and go to the registration to be included. Food and fellowship with your favorite riders and SECOG friends...........priceless.        Al

Mcfly said:
I'm trying NOT to sound like a broken record...  Though I would love
to attend this RTE, it is being held on a Saturday, so I must once again,
humbly decline.  The holiday season rarely gives up any day off, other than
Sunday.

Enjoy everyone!  :beerchug:
Fear not, the cavalry is coming.

Santa may be there and giving out presents. You could go home with a new Toyota truck, so please register for this soon.      Al

Tried to think of something clever to say to bring this back to the top.
Alas, there's not much to say (sic).      Al

Over the river and through the woods
to the Schmidt's house we go...

The bikes know the way for a good cook out day
and there will be friends I know....

:06:

:a035:

Ok Guys  I am finally gonna make an event.  Count me in on this one...  Normally in 2 months I would have 5000 miles +  and I just broke 1600 miles..  I am coming Solo.  THanks and I really looking forward to meeting the gang... :great:

Yup 2 Holiday Lunches in 2 days.  COG sat  and Victory  party in Melbourne  on sunday..  riding Connie to both. been babying my back trying real hard to avoid surgery.. ruptured disc is healing nicely and between Inversion table hanging like a bat  and the occasional painkiller I think Im just about back to "normal" at least as far as the back. I have never been normal and don't plan on starting now...

Time is drawing near for you to make a decision on attending the cookout. There are 13 riders signed up to date, but we can host a lot more people than that. Good food, check out everyone's bike, get to know some more members, maybe meet COG riders for the first time to see how we roll. Everyone welcome...member or not.  Al

:a035:
                              :06:

:111:

Come on you SW ( any) riders..get a great start to your holiday season.

Be sure to let them know, for the food headcount!

Yeah.....what she said. Time is winding down to say if you'll be with us for food and fellowship. You need not shoot the whole day on this, Just stop by, grab some chow, yak a bit, and off you go.      Al

Yep, one week to go! I'm glad to see some names on the list I don't recognize. There will be plenty to eat and it will be ready when you are, whenever you show up. Like Al says, you don't need to set the whole day aside, just take a break from your runnin' around and stop in.

There's plenty of parking around back of the house, so when you get here, make a left on Sparkman Ave and it will become obvious.

I won't be there, I'll be in the woods. kinda ironic, the only other time I got to hunt was during Al's ride. Scheduling isn't working out for me this year. The issue is that I can't pick my weekends to hunt; the game commission selects them, and if I don't go, I don't hunt at all. Sucko. Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
I won't be there, I'll be in the woods. kinda ironic, the only other time I got to hunt was during Al's ride. Scheduling isn't working out for me this year. The issue is that I can't pick my weekends to hunt; the game commission selects them, and if I don't go, I don't hunt at all. Sucko. Steve
So, you gonna have a venison eating party?

Hello Mike and Roseanne    It will be great to see you again.
I'm registered and coming. Thanks for holding the event.

(see you there too, Steve J)

Roy

roader said:

Roy

Hey cool, Roy. It will be groovy meeting up with ya.

Sorry that I can't make it there this weekend..need to punch the old time clock.
So everyone have fun, eat a lot of food and remember the fun so you can tell me next time I see you!

:103:

:72:

Jo said:
Sorry that I can't make it there this weekend..need to punch the old time clock.
So everyone have fun, eat a lot of food and remember the fun so you can tell me next time I see you!

:103:

:72:
Well, that does suck.

roader said:

Roy

Wow Roy! it's been a long time. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jo, too bad you can't make it.  I know what it's like choosing between COG and work. Happens all too often.

See y'all in a few days...

SteveJ. said:
Due to a sudden flare up of back muscle spasms, my attendance is in doubt. :'(

You'd best drag your sorry keister there! Sorry you're feeling bad. Take some drugs and relax.

IronButtAl said:
What's the matter buddy, humping too many beer cases got you down???
Define "too many beer cases". Is that like having too many bikes?, too much money? :great: :beerchug:

I got me some of that Abita Amber to go with the Turbodog. Yummy

SteveJ. said:
IronButtAl said:
Self medication. I love your style buddy.
Take the cage if that's what will get you there.
There's no such think as having too much beer, but the effort to get it home can be staggering.
Actually, cuz of the seating position on the bike, it is much more comfortable than riding in a car.  We see what tomorrow brings.
Its funny you say that. When my back was at its worst I could Absolutely not sit down into my Charger it is not even that low and it was worse getting out. So the first visit to this DR I pull up and the Nurse sees me struggle to get off the bike and toss my leg over.I get called in to get my Blood pressure and Temp and heart rate checked. Iam asked what my pain level is on a scale of 1-10 (ten being worst)  I said 7. I cant feel my left leg its numb, burning and spasming. If you are riding you cant be in much pain... I said it was easier to get on bike than in car..she did all the reflex tests and asks me to look away s she is poking me with a blunt needle and didnt feel any of it. She finally agreed that I was in pain. Flori-DUH went from one extreme  Heroin for a headache to  I need a DNA sample to give you an aspirin.. LOL..  I take a percocet here and there and lay upside down on inversion table  and it pops my herniated disc back in place....  Beats the crap out of surgery......  See you tomorrow. 

There's no such think as having too much beer, but the effort to get it home can be staggering.

IronButtAl said:
Actually, cuz of the seating position on the bike, it is much more comfortable than riding in a car.  We see what tomorrow brings.

Mike and Roseann Sorry I can't make it, hopefully I'll be you at the Last Blast.

Steve: Hope you feel better and better, and am sure you won't mind taking your "medicine".

Have a grand day all around and I'll see you sometime :celebrate: :dance:

:engel016:

Mike & Roseanne, good food, good crowd, good grief...what a great day.
The SE may get three new members from this RTE/Cookout.
Fun day. Thanks to everyone for coming to see us. See you at the Last Blast;
Al

IronButtAl said:
Mike & Roseanne, good food, good crowd, good grief...what a great day.
The SE may get three new members from this RTE/Cookout.
Fun day. Thanks to everyone for coming to see us. See you at the Last Blast;
Al
Ditto  !  Thanks very much for the food and the hospitality. Perfect day  for riding for free food.
It was nice putting some faces together with the names..
If I dont remember your name next time  Chalk it up  to  C.R.S.  seems to get worse as  I get older  :nananana:

Thank You Mike & Roseanne.  It was a nice today to see old  friends and meet some  new Coggers and you kind folks  made it happen.
I ate too many of those chocolate/chocolate chip cookies..they sure were good.
:great:

Mike and Roseanne.  Thank you for putting this together.  It was my first COG function and I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Jim

Well, everybody else has said it so, so will I. Thanks Mike and Roseanne for hosting this shindig. Roseanne, you really went all out. Great seeing the old (no offense!) faces and some new ones, too. Hope to see you at the Last Blast.

I'm so glad y'all could come! But, you didn't eat enough food ??? 

Jo, you were missed. The females were in short supply today!

Daytona Mike, you obviously didn't have enough cookies because there were some left :)

ready2ride said:
I can't believe we pulled this off without a single Steve in attendance!

Perhaps it is true, the world must be coming to an end.  :))

Sorry I missed it, the back is getting slowly better.